Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

13 minutes ago, QCxpat said:

"The Garden" by Jerry Peart is currently in the custody and possession of The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Arts and Science Council (ASC).   Not sure where ASC intends to reinstall this magnificent sculpture. 

"The Garden" by Jerry Peart and Richard Hunt's sculpture "Spiral Odyssey" in Romare Bearden Park, arguably,  are the two finest works of Modern sculpture in Charlotte. 

Hunts' sculpture is pictured below - image by The Romare Bearden Foundation 

Spiral Odyssey” sculpture unveiled at the Romare Bearden Park ...

I would love to see the Garden find a hold in front of Legacy Union. I have some friends at ASC, I'll find out where its going.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:56 PM, QCxpat said:

"The Garden" by Jerry Peart is currently in the possession and custody of The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Arts and Science Council (ASC).   Not sure where ASC intends to reinstall this magnificent sculpture. 

"The Garden" by Jerry Peart and Richard Hunt's sculpture "Spiral Odyssey" in Romare Bearden Park, arguably,  are the two finest works of Modern sculpture in Charlotte. 

Hunts' sculpture is pictured below - image by The Romare Bearden Foundation 

Spiral Odyssey” sculpture unveiled at the Romare Bearden Park ...

Update: "The Garden" is owned by Carillon not ASC. ASC is not sure what the plans are for The Garden. 

On 5/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, go_vertical said:

This does look nice, but hopefully the surface lot behind it doesn't take too long to develop because the back side of this is hideous. 

Its owned by First Citizens and I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon. They have no plans to develop it at this time.

• Like 1