Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

6 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I thought the close-in neighborhoods like TP, Lawsona, Lake Davis, Lake Cherokee etc already consider themselves part of downtown? Lake Davis' monument literally states "A Downtown Neighborhood" on it lol:

LD.thumb.jpg.c0f4b3da81e42fbfd222d6cc7c0c0bf1.jpg

IMO zip codes also help to clarify which area you live in. You might live in an annexed part of the city or even close enough to be considered part of the neighborhood, but when buying/renting real estate, zip codes are also a huge determining factor for some people.

32801: Downtown

32804: College Park

32789: Winter Park

ZIP codes can sometimes be a slippery slope. Some folks who live in 32792 claim themselves as Winter Parkers  when they’re actually closer to Goldenrod.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

ZIP codes can sometimes be a slippery slope. Some folks who live in 32792 claim themselves as Winter Parker’s when they’re actually closer to Goldenrod.

Yeah, but everyone knows that's not "Winter Park proper" though. My point is that zip codes help clarify neighborhood locations and it will let you know if the area you're aiming for is legit or not.

Edited by nite owℓ

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

It is not Winter Park if it is not 32789.

or 32790...

4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

ZIP codes can sometimes be a slippery slope. Some folks who live in 32792 claim themselves as Winter Parker’s when they’re actually closer to Goldenrod.

you are absolutely right.  on a related note, I was told that you also pay property taxes if you live in a local township in OH on top of everything else.  Wow.  I asked, ok, so do zip codes there end at the city limits too?  I didn't get an answer.

But, yeah, here, if you're off of Howell Branch or by the WalMart up past Lake Howell Lane, that is a Winter Park zip code.  I think it's 32707.  But...that's not Winter Park...

ZIP (yes, it’s an acronym) codes actually have little to do with facts on the ground and simply correspond to a post office -the city name is whatever USPS decides to call it.

My grandmother, for example, lived just north of Gotha but had a Winter Garden address. Think about that - she lived EAST of Ocoee but was in Winter Garden according to her ZIP code.

one of the true mysteries of Central Florida...

• Like 1

I live in Oakland which is physically 34760 but Oakland doesn’t have a post office that delivers so my mailing address uses Winter Garden’s 34787. I wonder if the situation was similar for Gotha

Unincorporated parts of Orange County and areas not fully supported by post offices make ZIP codes and what town people actually live in very confusing around here. On the west side, soooo many people think they live in Windermere when they really just live in unincorporated Orange County

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

I live in Oakland which is physically 34760 but Oakland doesn’t have a post office that delivers so my mailing address uses Winter Garden’s 34787. I wonder if the situation was similar for Gotha

Unincorporated parts of Orange County and areas not fully supported by post offices make ZIP codes and what town people actually live in very confusing around here. On the west side, soooo many people think they live in Windermere when they really just live in unincorporated Orange County

I would be real nice if this thread got back to being about the project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, Tim3167 said:

Where in Oakland? I thought I knew everyone who lived there. That's where I work. 

Back on topic. I am excited to see this project moving forward. It will have a serious impact on Rosalind. 

• Like 2

Mill Creek in CV. 

X-Orlando/Golden Sparrow are the same project, and are the next approved. Zoi House is the other one proposed across from X-Orlando along with Magnolia Hotel. Out of those, I would say X-Orlando is farthest along, with an approved design and a greenfield site. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2019 at 3:41 PM, dcluley98 said:

Mill Creek in CV. 

X-Orlando/Golden Sparrow are the same project, and are the next approved. Zoi House is the other one proposed across from X-Orlando along with Magnolia Hotel. Out of those, I would say X-Orlando is farthest along, with an approved design and a greenfield site. 

Ah yes I was thinking of Zoi house, thanks! Hopefully X-Orlando gets started soon that site is way too valuable to be undeveloped for so long!