Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

On 4/23/2018 at 4:38 PM, spenser1058 said:

One of my favorite songs to warble in the shower is "Try To Remember" from the Fantasticks, which of course starred Jerry Orbach.

OMG, I didn't know that, but it explains something... Jerry Orbach played a rock band producer in an episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.  It all makes sense now.  Lars Mangros.

Yes, that is in fact "Bull" from Night Court.

c9ea3b1523b1ca397d9433818fd0fe5d.jpg

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I am pretty sure this is a "go" also. Multiple times I have seen surveyors, clean-up crew, and geo-tech on site. Developer has a history of other similar projects around the country, and is actively working with the ARB to finalize the design. I liked the previous iteration better, but this isn't that bad. I also have a problem with the disparate brick levels and the garage design, which has the brick, but no screens. Just the ground floor of brick will not look good with the rest of the design. There is incongruence of design through the different perspectives/sides of the building. I like the westward facing side the best. the side aligning with Rosiland looks pretty bad now and doesn't match the rest. 

Hopefully, they get it straightened out. 

52 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

i wonder what their reason was for eliminating the brick (other than money)? I mean, how does that even fly w the board. "Yeah here we have a new better building just without all the nice finishes...ok? can we get it approved now?"

As I mentioned before, a condition of approval is putting the brick back to at least the bottom level.

I'd like to see a night-time rendering to see how the south elevation works.  It seems like they just incrementally added stuff on that elevation just to get it by the Board.  The NW elevation looks good but won't be viewed nearly as much as the south elevation.

• Like 1

Gibby!  

Pretty sure they just added it by committee. I think that it lines up better north-south with the glass on the left side of the facade, given the comments. Now it just looks like layers of revisions that don't turn out better as a whole. 

A dramatic, all glass, triangulated point would have looked a lot better than what was proposed, IMO. 

Edited by dcluley98

13 hours ago, bqknight said:

As I mentioned before, a condition of approval is putting the brick back to at least the bottom level.

I know.  My point is the board should not have said ok to 1 story of brick. Make them keep all brick if they want approval. They cleaned up some areas of concern only to create others. Looks bland without the brick. Very soft board that lets developers run wild IMO.

• Like 1

Not sure if they're going for any sort of LEED certification, but I heard brick is a double-edged sword: while it's a "green" building material, it's not produced in Florida and has to be shipped in from afar, making it not so green. I imagine in this case it's just the cost, though.

Driving up Rosalind, this thing is going to look huge. I'm not in love with the plaza, but I'm glad to see that great sidewalk—which is something people on the Miami boards complain about.

radius1.thumb.PNG.60abf40b244dcc5fd180212b77dd9ede.PNG

radius3.thumb.PNG.5d8f7f74f73172d6f30cdd98fb5856ca.PNG

radius2.thumb.PNG.1c9fc5354328797ceb3976fb97dee1a5.PNG

radius4.thumb.PNG.ee87391d04bae020b246c011a7b3a566.PNG

• Like 3