smileguy

Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

11 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

From YouTube/Paramount 

OMG, the guy that plays Denny Crane from Boston Legal was in Star Trek?  jk

You did a good thing.  I did not know there was a Director's Cut of ST TMP.  Now I have to get it! I love this movie!

• Like 1

ST:TMP was a little too in awe of its unlimited SFX budget for my taste (ST:TWOK which emphasized the story I found preferable). Nevertheless, I saw it on the night it opened at the old Seminole Cinema in Casselberry along with several hundred NTC recruits and it was quite an experience.

I must also confess Stephen Collins was one of my big crushes at the time (followed shortly thereafter by Anthony Andrews in Brideshead Revisited) Ahhhh, to be young again...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

ST:TMP was a little too in awe of its unlimited SFX budget for my taste (ST:TWOK which emphasized the story I found preferable). Nevertheless, I saw it on the night it opened at the old Seminole Cinema in Casselberry along with several hundred NTC recruits and it was quite an experience.

I must also confess Stephen Collins was one of my big crushes at the time (followed shortly thereafter by Anthony Andrews in Brideshead Revisited) Ahhhh, to be young again...

Collins was a  looker- Tales of the Gold Monkey...

You are correct about ST TMP- every shot of the Enterprise was like a Glamour shot, right down to the scene where Kirk Unit first enter the refitted Enterprise and nearly spunks himself after Scotty's complimentary tour of it's exterior.  Priceless.  You can almost "feel" what he's thinking...

Of course ST TWOK was a better story; ST TMP was kind of like a weird semi- psychedelic experiment...  I'm not sure they even knew what they were going after with the movie plot based on the era...

• Like 1

Our island-hopping lad is back with a tan (if your skin hue does that sort of thing). Welcome back - it’s been quiet this week!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Just got back from a 7 day cruise in the Bahamas, Grand Turk, and Dominican Republic/Haiti. 

Which ship?

18 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Am I that loud? Hahaha!

You’re just one of our top contributors- this week the lurkers have been minding the store...

Carnival Conquest. It was a nice trip, but after about 5 days I was ready to get off the ride. Had a good time and only gained 5 lbs. LOL. I don't know how I pulled that off. My wallet, on the other hand, lost quite a bit of heft! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Carnival Conquest. It was a nice trip, but after about 5 days I was ready to get off the ride. Had a good time and only gained 5 lbs. LOL. I don't know how I pulled that off. My wallet, on the other hand, lost quite a bit of heft! 

Time to hit the Batcycle and head out the WOT to Rock Springs - you’ll be back in fighting trim in no time!

• Like 1

^^

this is a pretty big construction site.  they cleared out the land all the way to that first parking deck to the east.

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

dc’s been slacking a little though - no porta pottie shots for weeks! *giggles*

Look  closer in the far right of the top Pano! 

• Like 1

I like that video where the guy walks into the porta-potty and they move the executive board meeting in front of it, so that when he walks out he interrupts them.

Then the internet pessimist inside me says he was in on the joke the whole time.

I do enjoy that this is taking off and we're seeing solid action.  I'm still waiting on tall buildings, but I'll take 13 floors over 4-6 any day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FLClarkKent said:

I know this isn’t the right thread (but it’s adjacent!), but the Travel Lodge has closed. Signage down, notices on the lobby door. Next step - demo? If so, quite the transformation for this corner of downtown.

I want Sleepy Bear!