smileguy

Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

7 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Dare I do even speculate at the notion of a numerical named convienence store there? :P

Oh Thank Heaven!

Yes, I did try to line up those things. . . Sometimes it's an accident, but often, it is not. 

There are some calculated composition decisions in those "snapshots" . 

Your subconscious might not know why, but it understands.  

Edited by dcluley98

So geeked about this project.  I feel like this is going to be more transformative then most of the other things happening outside of the large projects like CV and the Magic project.  That “wedge” was blighty and combined with Magnolia and the Rosalind cut-through road it was a wide expanse.  

• Like 2

I do not think most people can understand how transformative this corner, IS undergoing.  . . .

It is THE thing. 

Yes, 

rl0FOxdz7CcxO.gif

Soul_Rider_Clean.gif

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

Drove by it for the first time yesterday.  Agreed.  Super transformative.  Once the masssing starts, it's going to be a great visual coming up Rosalind

• Like 3

11 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Other than not having a grassy lot I don't understand how it's going to transform this corner.

It’s all opinion but I think the location is the reason why.  Reading through the thread you’ll see some of these pop up but here’s my short list:

- Combined with SkyHouse’s plaza/pocket park - potential activity center of restaurants and retail.

- This hub will be the shortest walk for office workers in Landmark, Eola Park Centre and Courthouse.  Largely underserved area for food/drink now.

- Will also be shortest walk for residents in Vue, SkyHouse, Radius and west half of Lake Eola Heights.

- Currently, most people I know that take the train and walk to Eola area avoid walking that way and cut down to Robinson.   Just can’t think of another standalone building that is going to change the street life activity that drastically.

E5759420-544C-47FB-ABC4-A767129362CB.jpeg

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Other than not having a grassy lot I don't understand how it's going to transform this corner.

Just the fact that it's being transformed from a blighted, undeveloped empty grass field with a crumbling old concrete slab as its main feature, to a gleaming new high rise building with a plaza, landscaping and ground floor businesses that will attract people to gather there, makes it transformative.

IOW, it will cause a drastic and positive change (transformation) of that corner.

Agreed.  The bookend is what I'm most excited for.  I'm always skeptical in these retail spots that are on the fringes of the CBD because they haven't managed to survive in little pockets by themselves too well.

• Like 1

It’s not going to do much to turn Rosalind into an urban, pedestrian friendly street. Until it’s converted back to a two-way street that is less hostile to pedestrians, the status quo remains.

Where this building can help is to extend the Amelia street wall eastward and to hopefully ignite some activity on the grossly underserved north section of Magnolia near the courthouse. 

Unfortunately, anyone living in this building looking west has the absolutely terrible view of that Skyhouse garage.

• Like 1

Old rendering:

radius.PNG.e0228b7639210ec6e1c81fe42fb62c57.PNG

I too am looking forward to the terminating vista at the bend in the road -- especially when the feature wall lights up in the evenings. I've lived in the CBD for approx 7 years and drive by this site daily... TBH I've mentally blocked out that area (including travelodge) due to it being a barren wasteland w/zero street level activity. Now when I drive by and see cranes rising up from the site it kinda gives my brain a visual jolt. Once completed (along with the travelodge site redevelopment) that area will begin to show signs of life and add to the street level experience. Whenever there is a foot race, parade, outdoor event, etc you can feel the energy wither away once you cross Robinson. Hopefully having new apartment residents walking about and more ground floor retail will lead to increased street level activity in that area.

Remember when the North Quarter transformation only consisted of Uptown Place and Park North at Cheney Place? The addition of the Ustler Building at 807 N Orange, Skyhouse, NORA, 777's/Camden, etc filled in the gaps, added to the pedestrian experience and having a continuous streetwall created a bit of a traffic calming effect as well. Hopefully a similar effect will happen just above Robinson.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jernigan said:

It’s all opinion but I think the location is the reason why.  Reading through the thread you’ll see some of these pop up but here’s my short list:

- Combined with SkyHouse’s plaza/pocket park - potential activity center of restaurants and retail.

- This hub will be the shortest walk for office workers in Landmark, Eola Park Centre and Courthouse.  Largely underserved area for food/drink now.

- Will also be shortest walk for residents in Vue, SkyHouse, Radius and west half of Lake Eola Heights.

- Currently, most people I know that take the train and walk to Eola area avoid walking that way and cut down to Robinson.   Just can’t think of another standalone building that is going to change the street life activity that drastically.

E5759420-544C-47FB-ABC4-A767129362CB.jpeg

Looking at this rendering do we have an idea on the retail that's planned to come in here?  Surely not a Chipotle and a Starbucks right?