Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

For some reason I had always imagined the plaza space combining with Skyhouse’s pocket park (Tyjeski Park) to make a pretty large public “room.”   In reality it seems these will be sort of around the corner from eachother.   Will be interesting to see exactly how it comes together once built.

Don't forget, these were 2 separate lots with a street down the middle (the city abandoned a portion of Rosalind Ave so that the developer could combine them). The lots were too small to build something of this size had they been developed separately. I'm not a fan of the basic architecture, but at least the developer saw the big picture and didn't settle on building another cheap low-rise wooden apartment complex in the area.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

For some reason I had always imagined the plaza space combining with Skyhouse’s pocket park (Tyjeski Park) to make a pretty large public “room.”   In reality it seems these will be sort of around the corner from each other.   Will be interesting to see exactly how it comes together once built.

It doesn't really line up that well. The new courtyard will face more of the Garage Entrance across the street due to the L-shape of the building.    

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

For some reason I had always imagined the plaza space combining with Skyhouse’s pocket park (Tyjeski Park) to make a pretty large public “room.”   In reality it seems these will be sort of around the corner from eachother.   Will be interesting to see exactly how it comes together once built.

Its across the street from the Skyhouse dog run.

5 hours ago, ChiDev said:

image.thumb.png.fd78e584d6eb4bb46a27072aac3aded4.png

From the drone you can see how Skyhouse's pocket park and radius' courtyard will connect fluidly to the courthouse front yard.  If only the city would buy/remediate the drycleaner property and those adjacent to continue the green stretch.

image.png.9c5e61de7ab75681756b4f708a20458a.png

The "Terminating Vista" view from the 4th floor.  Will be much more impressive from the "14th" (ignoring 13 for weird superstitious reasons).

Lohsy9w3OHpgzIDkQINi3acyBknVv1gKhBts_7PnDf01o2egFoWUqA9q_lwJX6Biaukair9RgMmjURPOozUcI9LIAPT99oIiWsoBsDIZYiMCfPVg12M_i_jaP2t4i4FmYbPPZ0m2tV_fREghSFOw_K2GMhsxZmG9919OLUGLq-UiH9cG1zFWr1vQfiz6D8dpSML6B9zNA8dtfCMYFaYbmNj2-qANmuDasb4wm_HVHJDN9ZrpA2ZntWUW4UAN478-MGN6lkvuWwlzXOP3CUzy-l-onBMSZgenwcUkZZILYxuxQCV9ktURAwVljbWr80y1FBN6xylHneUr3GvEA00h05Ytnd0xol3ZCADYEG9auRqoXCpG7tiSac-p6U-lo0Twz16ep7P4LFzJolg81meHZEMgEeApKCUKdTsf-euDGH6gux0hpn_LY9qdUaclZ9FPM-LGCZSikQVFtlRtUpdF3DUAnKAS5EXPpvBKwk5hiYOdGH0dAaOfcu-QmJp5BN-OIqnjpSep7vddhnJhmZQa40SIqM-ycexAtDaziYSuCVcbCTWjFXDRCMUxkYe6U5MnQyXdGtDsoQoG-HTJP1MA24_5YQ0EvtkIbVumb_TbIZL4Zk88Y5vu94JPomG-44608drV40P_DC0GVNqs4M8FNw412m27P2FUI4SRIwl5EXTlExcZVAH7pbs=s888-no

That's a nice shot.  This view gets direct sunlight for essentially the entire day though, but one good thing is you get to see the sunrise from the left and set on the right. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Is Skyhouse being negatively affected by the construction noise from the neighboring development projects?

Yes! Twice a week the whole east side of the building is lit by the flood lights and loud concrete work. You can check the Orlando SeeClickFix website for some reports. All they do is mark them as “closed”. We have seen no proof of anything being done. 

The picture I have attached is from three days ago. 

4A26CE2F-5708-45ED-BFD0-0D039F5FE7E2.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Pb_meow said:

Yes! Twice a week the whole east side of the building is lit by the flood lights and loud concrete work. You can check the Orlando SeeClickFix website for some reports. All they do is mark them as “closed”. We have seen no proof of anything being done. 

The picture I have attached is from three days ago. 

4A26CE2F-5708-45ED-BFD0-0D039F5FE7E2.jpeg

The Orlando SeeClickFix website is just a "triage" reporting tool. When they close complaints, they usually include an Incident # which you have to track in the Code Enforcement Lookup tool. When you look up the status of your complaint in Code Enforcement (https://edviwr.cityoforlando.net/WebLiens/IncidentSearch.aspx), you might find that you actually have multiple open complaints lol.

The light intrusion into your apartment can be resolved with blackout curtains. Noise occurring outside of city ordinance hours is not cool though... after you review the status of your code enforcement incident you should try to escalate the incident to the district commissioner (even though some people view Patty as just a powerless figurehead, it's still her job to address issues that arise within her district).

Not sure if this helps/applies, although construction noise is exempt from the ordinance it seems to imply 9PM-7AM are "quiet hours": "Noises from temporary construction and maintenance activities between 7 AM and 9 PM except Sundays and federal holidays. " https://library.municode.com/fl/orlando/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TITIICICO_CH42NO

Edited by nite owℓ

7 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

The Orlando SeeClickFix website is just a "triage" reporting tool. When they close complaints, they usually include an Incident # which you have to track in the Code Enforcement Lookup tool. When you look up the status of your complaint in Code Enforcement (https://edviwr.cityoforlando.net/WebLiens/IncidentSearch.aspx), you might find that you actually have multiple open complaints lol.

The light intrusion into your apartment can be resolved with blackout curtains. Noise occurring outside of city ordinance hours is not cool though... after you review the status of your code enforcement incident you should try to escalate the incident to the district commissioner (even though some people view Patty as just a powerless figurehead, it's still her job to address issues that arise within her district).

Not sure if this helps/applies: "Noises from temporary construction and maintenance activities between 7 AM and 9 PM except Sundays and federal holidays. " https://library.municode.com/fl/orlando/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TITIICICO_CH42NO

Forgive me if I sound rude. But, have you been in an apartment at Skyhouse? Why should people in 160 apartments have to spend their own money for a custom curtain rod and multiple panels of custom length blackout curtains? It’s totally possible that the light source could be moved so it shines light the other way instead of into residential units. It’s a multi-million dollar project.. 

I’ll look into escalating the problem with other residents. 

Just now, Pb_meow said:

Forgive me if I sound rude. But, have you been in an apartment at Skyhouse? Why should people in 160 apartments have to spend their own money for a custom curtain rod and multiple panels of custom length blackout curtains? It’s totally possible that the light source could be moved so it shines light the other way instead of into residential units. It’s a multi-million dollar project.. 

Couple of cans of black spray paint would do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pb_meow said:

No offense taken. No, I've never been in Skyhouse. The apartment ads show the units are already equipped with mini-blinds, is that not the case? Sure, the developer should try to minimize light intrusion, but they are an active construction site. Have you addressed the issue w/building mgmt to see if they can reach out to the city?

Not to sound rude either, but I also live downtown with a unit facing Lake Eola... and all the debauchery that comes with it. IMO furnishing a home is just a normal living expense and that includes curtains -- especially when you choose to move into a apartment with floor to ceiling windows. How do you survive Sunrise/Sunsets? lol I use blackout curtains to prevent the sun from blasting into my apartment in the AM, streetlights at night, etc. Doesn't have to be custom if you don't want to spend that kind of money... there are plenty of hacks to get it looking presentable (see advertisement)70b928b7313572294dd8aff6bb7edf86c-f36xd-w1020_h770_q80.thumb.jpg.058ac87d41f70fd5db7d2fb69a07e8d5.jpg