Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

On 1/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, nite owℓ said:

61749356_Rosalind1.thumb.jpg.c4ebe5ff81b5195ec644cd727b8abd1b.jpg

Does anyone know how tall Radius will be in relation to the crane(s) in this pic?  I don't think the terminating vista renderings are to scale with any of the actual buildings in the area. If the building is 13 stories, will they need to raise/extend the cranes or will the building top out just below the "T" of the operator's cab?:dunno:

Reminds me of the movie "Waking Life"... I may go back and rewatch lol.

@ChiDevThanks for the renderings... You would think the developer would have created more than one Rosalind Ave rendering since that will be the biggest impact at street level. Are KMZ formats some sort of engineering standard?

But in relation to the crane -- for those of you in the field, is there a general rule of thumb to determine building height based on the height of a construction crane? (i.e. estimated max height at the cab or hook at the end of the trolley?) Just curious.

10 minutes ago, aent said:

Hey given how those images are created its an impressive feat its that good.

True, 3D is still in it's infancy. We've come a long way from satellite aerial & street views and I can't imagine what comes next.

^^

lots of fantastic bulk.

So, last night, I drove north on Rosalind and turned east on Livingston.   Wow, what a difference already!  Between Radius and the Hampton Inn u/c to the north, whose footprint goes right to the sidewalk it seems, I felt like I was in a different city.  Vertical walls forming on both sides of the road (for those who like that kind of stuff).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

20200207_132454.jpg

I really like this shot of Livingston facing west.  It'll look especially impressive when X Orlando/Golden Sparrow or whatever is finished.  The only thing I'm concerned about is the lack of street-facing retail for such a potentially important corridor.   Even if Zoi gets built, Orange is going to get the retail love.

• Like 4