smileguy

Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

9 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I heard that it's haunted by the ghost of Lou Pearlman!

And a pink chihuahua!

12 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

It was a one-off with a scary line wrapped around the block.

“Terror on Robinson because the line wraps around” was taken.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, nite owℓ said:

61749356_Rosalind1.thumb.jpg.c4ebe5ff81b5195ec644cd727b8abd1b.jpg

Does anyone know how tall Radius will be in relation to the crane(s) in this pic?  I don't think the terminating vista renderings are to scale with any of the actual buildings in the area. If the building is 13 stories, will they need to raise/extend the cranes or will the building top out just below the "T" of the operator's cab?:dunno:

So that's 12 stories.  So tack another story on that.  Also now we know what Radius would look like if we were to drive drunk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, codypet said:

So that's 12 stories.  So tack another story on that.  Also now we know what Radius would look like if we were to drive drunk.

whoops he is correct.  Here is a model adjusted to fit thatRadius 1-28-2020.kmz.

Edited by ChiDev
better file

36 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Did somebody slip some LSD into Google Earth's drink? 

Hey given how those images are created its an impressive feat its that good.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the movie "Waking Life"... I may go back and rewatch lol.

@ChiDevThanks for the renderings... You would think the developer would have created more than one Rosalind Ave rendering since that will be the biggest impact at street level. Are KMZ formats some sort of engineering standard?

But in relation to the crane -- for those of you in the field, is there a general rule of thumb to determine building height based on the height of a construction crane? (i.e. estimated max height at the cab or hook at the end of the trolley?) Just curious.

10 minutes ago, aent said:

Hey given how those images are created its an impressive feat its that good.

True, 3D is still in it's infancy. We've come a long way from satellite aerial & street views and I can't imagine what comes next.

4 hours ago, ChiDev said:

According to Google Earth about the current perspective height of the crane.

image.thumb.png.9341b766e8f202392de595d32a0e2b9f.png

What downtown looks like when you're 19 and drunk as hell.

Lots of formerly empty lots getting filled up lately.  Awesome!  This is an important one.

• Like 1

^^

lots of fantastic bulk.

So, last night, I drove north on Rosalind and turned east on Livingston.   Wow, what a difference already!  Between Radius and the Hampton Inn u/c to the north, whose footprint goes right to the sidewalk it seems, I felt like I was in a different city.  Vertical walls forming on both sides of the road (for those who like that kind of stuff).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

20200207_132454.jpg

I really like this shot of Livingston facing west.  It'll look especially impressive when X Orlando/Golden Sparrow or whatever is finished.  The only thing I'm concerned about is the lack of street-facing retail for such a potentially important corridor.   Even if Zoi gets built, Orange is going to get the retail love.

• Like 4

On 2/6/2020 at 11:48 AM, HankStrong said:

So it will be almost 3x this tall in the end?  This is 4 stories with the 1st being much taller, so 9 more stories?

(22'+12'+12'+12')=58'

(158'/58') = 2.72x roughly as tall as it currently is. 

image.thumb.png.ccdb051103a927c8ed45d79b38737f70.png

• Like 3

On 2/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, ChiDev said:

(22'+12'+12'+12')=58'

(158'/58') = 2.72x roughly as tall as it currently is. 

2.72x is indeed almost 3x, so win!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ChiDev said:

Thanks for the regular updates!  With how quickly this is going up and your great perspective, it's fun to watch it progress!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Thanks for the regular updates!  With how quickly this is going up and your great perspective, it's fun to watch it progress!

You're quite welcome.

image.thumb.png.56dadfac38b5aa7df0e7e213d1da86a9.png

• Like 1