Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

On 9/4/2020 at 5:35 PM, prahaboheme said:

I’m typically not in the “if this was only 10 floors taller category” but here is an example of where I would have really appreciated a little more height for some visual interest. 

Nice addition regardless and considering what it replaced....

If only the zoning would allow it.  This site was leveraged between AC2 and O2 so ultimately one could never get something the height of Skyhouse (24 story vs 14 story). 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, ChiDev said:

If only the zoning would allow it.  This site was leveraged between AC2 and O2 so ultimately one could never get something the height of Skyhouse (24 story vs 14 story). 

I don't resent this zoning. Yes, our beloved new terminating vista would be more impressive if this were 10 stories taller, but on the other hand, I personally feel the scale of this project is a perfect transition into Eola Heights heading east down Livingston.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Great photos. Crazy how many garages surround this building. They will have air space views preserved around them for quite a long time! 

The air space may be nice but the tops of parking garages are probably the least interesting thing to look at from your mid-rise window.  Ugly, even.

The church there along Livingston, on the other hand, is one of my favorites downtown.

I'd love for someone to see the potential of that garage space on the east side and develop it into some residential units.  Maybe slightly shorter than Radius, as a step down to the single family homes .

Edited by elefants
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, jack said:

I never noticed the placement of the crane, very cool. Does it sit in the deck? 

It goes through the deck, it will be pulled soon and replaced with specially designed concrete patching.

3 hours ago, codypet said:

AHHHH the boxes of A/C units!  Why?!?!!

am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...