Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

On 10/25/2020 at 11:20 AM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

27C7C294-9DC4-4C4C-8F2D-F083AB5B64B2.jpeg

I am really happy with the offset of the Eastern part of the tower. It makes it look like a different height from this angle, and helps step down into Eola Heights from the North-facing façade.  Is the garage facing still a different material? Although it didn't look great in the rendering, once its nestled behind these other buildings, it might actually just look like a separate building at quick glance. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

IDK why, but the aerial view kinda reminds me of a hospital (especially the 2nd pic) lol

When Walt built the Disney Studios in Burbank, the bankers weren’t convinced he could make a go of it and so they designed it so it could be a hospital if things went belly up. As things turned out, the company did ok and eventually they built the hospital across the street. Maybe they’re just hedging their bets here, also...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

When Walt built the Disney Studios in Burbank, the bankers weren’t convinced he could make a go of it and so they designed it so it could be a hospital if things went belly up. As things turned out, the company did ok and eventually they built the hospital across the street. Maybe they’re just hedging their bets here, also...

Would need incredibly different building standards and approvals.  Don't look for a Radius Hospital anytime soon.  Delivery here is expected for april/may.

• Like 1

Skyhouse uses chilled water doesn't it? We know the Courthouse does, as I'd imagine the Landmark buildings and the Vue.   Economically it must have made more sense to go with the A/C units and the only reason why I assume it wasn't economically feasible is that chilled water line must run down Robinson and Magnolia (Or even Orange) and trying to tap off that line would have been insane $$$.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Skyhouse uses chilled water doesn't it? We know the Courthouse does, as I'd imagine the Landmark buildings and the Vue.   Economically it must have made more sense to go with the A/C units and the only reason why I assume it wasn't economically feasible is that chilled water line must run down Robinson and Magnolia (Or even Orange) and trying to tap off that line would have been insane $$$.

Skyhouse does not use chiiled water. Their units are on the balconies. The Vue does and the owners sued or threatened to sue not too long after it opened because of the monthly cost. Chilled water is not a good option for residential if cost are a concern. It cost more upfront and the monthly cost is no better. Even is the line is to the site, the costs are not worth it. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, jack said:

Skyhouse does not use chiiled water. Their units are on the balconies. The Vue does and the owners sued or threatened to sue not too long after it opened because of the monthly cost. Chilled water is not a good option for residential if cost are a concern. It cost more upfront and the monthly cost is no better. Even is the line is to the site, the costs are not worth it. 

I posted a few years back a comparison of my bills of 55W vs my home in SoDo.  They were very in line.  

On 11/30/2020 at 3:45 PM, ChiDev said:

Would need incredibly different building standards and approvals.  Don't look for a Radius Hospital anytime soon.  Delivery here is expected for april/may.

No hospital... but yes delivery.  Sounds like you're trying to tell us that a birthing center has leased some of the space. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2