Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

I've said it before, but that parking garage is an absolute waste of potential.   Not that the future residents of Radius would want another tall building blocking their view of the lake.

Hopefully someone will eventually squeeze another mid-rise into the lots next to the Radius building and finally get rid of surface parking on the NE corner of Robinson and Rosalind.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, elefants said:

I've said it before, but that parking garage is an absolute waste of potential.   Not that the future residents of Radius would want another tall building blocking their view of the lake.

Hopefully someone will eventually squeeze another mid-rise into the lots next to the Radius building and finally get rid of surface parking on the NE corner of Robinson and Rosalind.

Something tall and thin would be absolutely amazing.

• Like 2

The way it is oriented works very well opposite green space with the pocket park/dog park and Orange County Courthouse frontage. (actually think the courthouse landscaping is a buffer area required for security reasons).  The courtyard will be great open space. Although fronting the Speedway Magnolia is a bit difficult for ambiance and walkability. The good news is, this is on the "lake" side, so people do not have to cross Magnolia for more options if they do not want to. That space will be a big plus for the area.

• Like 3

On 7/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, JFW657 said:

I really like that.

Should tie in quite nicely with the new hotel across the street. 

I'll try to snap one that captures the streetscape too.  it's tough b/c it's so big my call can't get the whole thing unless you do that pan scan stitch thing a ma bob.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:10 AM, popsiclebrandon said:

- Me, on tinder in 2014.

I started the don't eat past 6pm thing and I lost 15+ lbs so far in 2 mos or less.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 7:07 PM, ChiDev said:

We just have the same debate over and over again......

...if there were more buildings that looked like the hotel across the street clad in brick and the 520 Church building, I wouldn't complain as much. about lack of height.  In DC it's acceptable but none of those building are clad in stucco.  It doesn't have to be "tall," it just has to be nice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

all complaints aside about "lack of quality" projects based on value engineering and the like in DTO, I cannot help but remember what Radius replaced in this corner of DTO and be pleased beyond all reason that it got built...and looks pretty good at that.  Same with the Hilton.  Amazing.  the church on Livingston that is clad in brick influenced the brick facades of Radius and the Hilton.  I'm so glad it did.

First of all, I give Radius credit for being the first tower in a while that looks like Orlando instead of some faux South Florida beach town.

Having said that, if you think TraveLodge was bad, you should have seen what the building which became the EO Inn looked like before restoration (in fits and starts at first, more seriously later on).

As to the goings on, if you think things at TL were bad, some of the nocturnal occurrences at “Plantation Manor” in its hostel days would turn your hair green from their skeeziness.

It’s all about making the effort when a building passes its prime (after all, we just learned in Surfside relatively modern towers aren’t immune to such problems, either). I’m not sure why the general attitude in Orlando tends to be like a Trump rally screaming “tear it down!”, when often the quality of current build and architecture is just meh. I’d take a restored Angebilt or Metcalf over 90% of the buildings  built up Orange Avenue in the last couple of decades.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 4

On 8/3/2021 at 7:55 PM, spenser1058 said:

First of all, I give Radius credit for being the first tower in a while that looks like Orlando instead of some faux South Florida beach town.

Having said that, if you think TraveLodge was bad, you should have seen what the building which became the EO Inn looked like before restoration (in fits and starts at first, more seriously later on).

As to the goings on, if you think things at TL were bad, some of the nocturnal occurrences at “Plantation Manor” in its hostel days would turn your hair green from their skeeziness.

It’s all about making the effort when a building passes its prime (after all, we just learned in Surfside relatively modern towers aren’t immune to such problems, either). I’m not sure why the general attitude in Orlando tends to be like a Trump rally screaming “tear it down!”, when often the quality of current build and architecture is just meh. I’d take a restored Angebilt or Metcalf over 90% of the buildings  built up Orange Avenue in the last couple of decades.

??? are you saying you'd prefer a spruced up Travel Lodge over the Hilton???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1