Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

6 hours ago, AmIReal said:

??? are you saying you'd prefer a spruced up Travel Lodge over the Hilton???

Nah, I get what Spencer is saying.  He loves the Hilton clad in brick and elements of Radius that pay homage to Angebilt and Metcalf and that church clad in brick on Livingston.  I agree and wish there was more brick downtown, but in it's absence, more brick laden newer buildings.  Build them small if they have to...but clad them in brick.  I'm from up north originally...they use brick...use it down here too.

the only place I may veer away from in that perceived assessment of what Spenser likes, is when they build a glass clad tower, which isn't necessarily a SoFla styled building, but nonetheless, something bereft of stucco.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Nah, I get what Spencer is saying.  He loves the Hilton clad in brick and elements of Radius that pay homage to Angebilt and Metcalf and that church clad in brick on Livingston.  I agree and wish there was more brick downtown, but in it's absence, more brick laden newer buildings.  Build them small if they have to...but clad them in brick.  I'm from up north originally...they use brick...use it down here too.

the only place I may veer away from in that perceived assessment of what Spenser likes, is when they build a glass clad tower, which isn't necessarily a SoFla styled building, but nonetheless, something bereft of stucco.

lol, thanks for translating.

• Haha 1

So I will say I'm grateful they pulled the fence back because I thought a Lynx bus driver was about to make myself on a bike and a few pedestrians into pancakes but the bike lane had been reopened and the fence was not quite that it looks like in the picture, but there was about 2' of sidewalk for the walkers to jump off the bike trail while the bus went by laying on the horn.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, codypet said:

So I will say I'm grateful they pulled the fence back because I thought a Lynx bus driver was about to make myself on a bike and a few pedestrians into pancakes but the bike lane had been reopened and the fence was not quite that it looks like in the picture, but there was about 2' of sidewalk for the walkers to jump off the bike trail while the bus went by laying on the horn.

I think color coding that bike lane was a good thing...bus drivers are @ssholes from what I've seen...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I think color coding that bike lane was a good thing...bus drivers are @ssholes from what I've seen...

Yea the Lynx Driver on the 18 bus was in a bad mood or something.  I was along side him starting on Rosalind/South got ahead of him when the light was green, he passed me by the OC admin building but kind of squeezed me going past.   I caught up to him on Pine but he started pulling ahead and cut me off to pick up his passengers in front of 7-11 and not completely pulling into the bus stop.  That forced me to have to go around him on the left, but since the back end of the bus was in the bike lane, now I'm dangerously squeezed between the bus and the cars in the right lane (partially in the right lane).   I rode all the way down to Robinson and as I passed him by Robinson, he apparently had had enough of pedestrians and cyclists and laid on the horn staying on the right, and then cutting everyone off as he made the left onto Livingston.  I too was going to go down Livingston so I kept my distance back because I knew he was gonna cut me off when he started to turn into the Lymmo lanes.   Then once he got to the RxR tracks, he just stopped there and sat for about a minute or two.  At this point I was afraid if I crossed in front of him to get back onto Gertrude's trail, that he was gonna start moving so I turned around rode behind him and just picked up my bike and avoided him.   

I will say in my experience with the 15 bus that goes by my house, those drivers have been usually pretty friendly waving and honking back at Toddler Codypet when she waves to them as they go by in the neighborhood.   Toddler Codypet loves buses and trains.  No idea where that comes from.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, codypet said:

Yea the Lynx Driver on the 18 bus was in a bad mood or something. 

now that ive worked in downtown for 6 moths... they cant merge or switch lanes for sh*t lmao.  buses turning from Garland into Amelia love to drift at 200mph like its fast and furious just to avoid sitting at a red light  :ermm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, JFW657 said:

One of the aspects I like about it, and this is something I've thought for years, is that nowadays, when you look down a side street like Livingston for example...

.... if you use your imagination, it's getting to look a bit like you're looking down a main drag.

For so long here in DTO, when you'd look east or west down a side street, the development pretty much ended on either side of Orange Avenue and it looked like some small town. Just trees and small buildings, etc.

It's nice to look along Livingston and see development stretching a bit farther off into the distance.

It's almost beginning to look like a real city!!!! 

I totally agree, but aren't you in the "Save the Tree" camp for the lot on the main drag at Orange & Livingston?

Most of us love trees, but we argued for redevelopment of that corner for the same exact reasons you stated above... an intersection located within the CBD that has no business remaining barren:

582152392_OrangeandLivingston.thumb.jpg.e00130a86b7f99b70f1555874f4f2f7c.jpg

There is a big difference between the ideas of "save the tree" and "that particular building design sucks" vs. "let's build this street out with great projects". 

(It's obviously all Buddy Dyer, Baker Barrios and greedy developers' fault)

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I totally agree, but aren't you in the "Save the Tree" camp for the lot on the main drag at Orange & Livingston?

Most of us love trees, but we argued for redevelopment of that corner for the same exact reasons you stated above... an intersection located within the CBD that has no business remaining barren: 

Build around the tree or move it. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1