Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

On 8/20/2021 at 3:55 PM, JFW657 said:

That will be one fun spot to hang out on the 4th of July.

Party at the pool all day then watch the fireworks with all your neighbors at night.

And never have to leave home or even get in your car. 

I've done that with my friends at Skyhouse past few years.  Can confirm, quite enjoyable.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2021 at 9:14 AM, JFW657 said:

I think my question should have been "Does anyone think the exterior will be complete and construction fences down by the end of September or sometime in October?" As that was what I am actually wondering. 

that's hard to say b/c the perimeter around the east side isn't finished yet and I don't recall how the base on that side around the corner integrates to the south and western edges (and north)...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Uncommon said:

Must you continue to tease?

if it's "big news" then it's gotta be more than just another coffee shop.

wait a minute... maybe a Foxtail Coffee and/or a 4R...?

if it's big news it's got to be something(s) that people already love... a chain restaurant?  Cheesecake Factory?

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen?  

24 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

if it's "big news" then it's gotta be more than just another coffee shop.

wait a minute... maybe a Foxtail Coffee and/or a 4R...?

if it's big news it's got to be something(s) that people already love... a chain restaurant?  Cheesecake Factory?

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen?  

Ooooh Popeyes

• Thanks 1

It's kinda it's own little pocket park that they created in between here and Skyhouse. So the shade effect of the buildings will allow it to stay cool for a large part of the day. I assume they went with palms vs. deciduous trees for the maintenance factor, acknowledging that this will be a "lived-in" plaza area that will need to stay clean. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

It's kinda it's own little pocket park that they created in between here and Skyhouse. So the shade effect of the buildings will allow it to stay cool for a large part of the day. I assume they went with palms vs. deciduous trees for the maintenance factor, acknowledging that this will be a "lived-in" plaza area that will need to stay clean. 

I wonder how much shade it will get during the middle (and hottest) part of the day when the sun is directly overhead.

In this pic, it looks like it's a bit later in the afternoon and maybe a bit later in the year, with the sun beginning to move more south.

radiusplazashade.jpg

But the long shadow of Sky House is falling well north of the Radius plaza, with the SH parking garage shadow just touching the edge along Magnolia.

At any rate, I would hope they have something in mind to address that issue.

Otherwise, that will be a dead and empty place during the day and for much of the year. 

24 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

While palms are nice to look at, they do nothing to address the issues with climate and weather in central Florida. 

If it needs to be decorative I’m partial to cypress trees. 

In one of the earlier streetscape projects on Orange Ave., Mayor Carl did palm trees. It was a mess. The city rejoiced when the deciduous trees returned in Mayor Bill’s 1980’s Streetscape. For the life of me, I don’t get why we feel the need to keep repeating past errors. Hubris, I suppose.

Edited by spenser1058