Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

55 minutes ago, RedStar25 said:

What's wrong with classical music? If you really want to scary vagrants away blast some Schoenberg.

And also, if the owners did use that classicsal music tactic, they'd probably only do it after business hours when no customers are there.

I would think that's pretty much the only time when vagrants hang around such plazas, camp out and do their smelly business.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 4:43 AM, eq1974 said:

She’s contently sitting there  in the sun, patiently waiting for retail and wondering if there is a status on the long past mentioned sculpture for her plaza…

A48E74A8-FEFB-499F-860E-48749B03F686.jpeg

You are a romantic for Radius just like James Tiberius Kirk was for Enterprise...

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2022 at 4:43 AM, eq1974 said:

She’s contently sitting there  in the sun, patiently waiting for retail and wondering if there is a status on the long past mentioned sculpture for her plaza…

A48E74A8-FEFB-499F-860E-48749B03F686.jpeg

Put a Cava or Sweetgreen in there and it would be a hit. Need some of the northeast healthy fast food chains. 

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, jrs2 said:

You are a romantic for Radius just like James Tiberius Kirk was for Enterprise...

Lol. Well for a while after moving in and before certain  issues (which all new buildings have) were addressed, I did consider getting the chief engineer of the Radius to commence: “Destruct sequence number 3: code 1-B-2-B-3”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, eq1974 said:

Lol. Well for a while after moving in and before certain  issues (which all new buildings have) were addressed, I did consider getting the chief engineer of the Radius to commence: “Destruct sequence number 3: code 1-B-2-B-3”

that's a great building.  before they built it, the area was a dump (with Travelodge next door).  Now, you have as borders the church on Livingston, the new Hilton across Livingston, and the parking garages of the two blue buildings along Robinson.  And of course Skyhouse across the street.  Now the only sketchy part of the equation is any vagrants using Lymmo at the Courthouse stop a block up.  The Livingston corridor to the east is all residential too.  That's a good place to be/reside when you think about it.

You know, all this talk about Orlando, it's size, etc...at the end of the day, it's about neighborhoods; that's what it was always about with Chicago, for example.  And this Livingston corridor neighborhood has really shaped up with this project and Hilton.  So Radius is a major anchor to this "neighborhood pocket" if you will.  It kind of ties in the two blue buildings, that 7-8 story beige condo on Robinson, and all the other buildings I mentioned into a cohesive neighborhood.  Once they get the coffee shop or whatever up and running it will really push that forward.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

that's a great building.  before they built it, the area was a dump (with Travelodge next door).  Now, you have as borders the church on Livingston, the new Hilton across Livingston, and the parking garages of the two blue buildings along Robinson.  And of course Skyhouse across the street.  Now the only sketchy part of the equation is any vagrants using Lymmo at the Courthouse stop a block up.  The Livingston corridor to the east is all residential too.  That's a good place to be/reside when you think about it.

You know, all this talk about Orlando, it's size, etc...at the end of the day, it's about neighborhoods; that's what it was always about with Chicago, for example.  And this Livingston corridor neighborhood has really shaped up with this project and Hilton.  So Radius is a major anchor to this "neighborhood pocket" if you will.  It kind of ties in the two blue buildings, that 7-8 story beige condo on Robinson, and all the other buildings I mentioned into a cohesive neighborhood. Once they get the coffee shop or whatever up and running it will really push that forward.

I'm sure it's forthcoming, but that area really does need a significant increase in human activity to make it complete and feel like it's part of DTO.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 1:02 PM, JFW657 said:

I'm sure it's forthcoming, but that area really does need a significant increase in human activity to make it complete and feel like it's part of DTO.  

I saw a bunch of people eating at the Skyhouse Greek place there around 1:30pm.  If Radius can get the retail rolling, maybe that corner of DTO will become  thing.  Hilton has a Starbucks already; not sure how popular it is.  CSP has Foxtail and I'm not sure how popular that location is either...maybe both will get traction with time.

19 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I saw a bunch of people eating at the Skyhouse Greek place there around 1:30pm.  If Radius can get the retail rolling, maybe that corner of DTO will become  thing.  Hilton has a Starbucks already; not sure how popular it is.  CSP has Foxtail and I'm not sure how popular that location is either...maybe both will get traction with time.

I work not far from this corner. It gets surprisingly busy around lunchtime but many of the spots close early so even at 5 PM it can be hard to find something more than 7-11. I think once Society opens, Livingston will become a popular street. From Creative Village and Bob Carr, past Ace Cafe, and up to Radius. That's a great few blocks. Hopefully, more places will stay open. Especially Dunkin, I need my evening coffee fix!! 

The next big plot I'm watching in downtown is the Sentinel site. Whatever goes in there will have a big impact on Livingston and Magnolia but I agree that this area is often overlooked but is one of the more vibrant areas in downtown now. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...