Colonial Pedestrian Overpass and OUT Extension [Under Construction]

dcluley98

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone get pictures of the new part of the trail Lynx is building? Bonus points for both day and night shots.

I’m confused as to where this trail will go through some of the remaining blocks. Specifically, between Jefferson and Livingston, the North Quarter gap, and south of Church through the Subrail station.

Its only been built between Jefferson and Washington.  South of Washington is the old Gertrudes Walk.  North of Jefferson, nothing's been built yet.  I still don't know how they're going to deal with the Robinson crossing with the businesses just to the west and the spur for CFRR.

CMIIW (correct me if I'm wrong), but, didn't they have to tear down the skywalk that used to connect The Exchange to the former entertainment complex over the RR tracks because they said you can't have a skywalk over the tracks?  If so, how did they get approval for this?

OK, then maybe they just didn't want it there for some other reasons, like possibly security.

Maybe they didn't want the general public (and rebellious kids who spit on trains ;)), having access to their private garage and their residents' cars.

I just can't imagine why it would be against any ordinance to have an elevated walkway above a railroad track. Especially after the one at CSS had been there for over twenty years.

Personally, I wish they'd have left it there.

Edited by JFW657

6 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Doubtful, since it had to pass strict engineering revue prior to permitting and construction. They'd have never allowed it to be built too low to begin with.

I'm pretty sure I remember that 55W didn't want it. AFAIK, there's no local ordinance prohibiting it. Doesn't FL Hospital have a skybridge that goes over the tracks leading to a parking garage? I seem to remember one but I haven't parked there in years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I'm pretty sure I remember that 55W didn't want it. AFAIK, there's no local ordinance prohibiting it. Doesn't FL Hospital have a skybridge that goes over the tracks leading to a parking garage? I seem to remember one but I haven't parked there in years.

Actually, Florida Hospital has two. Possibly three by now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got this update on NextDoor - sounds like the main span is going in overnight Saturday night?

Beginning Saturday, July 14 at 10 p.m., West Colonial Drive between Orange Avenue and Garland Avenue will be closed for construction associated with the new pedestrian bridge. Detour signs will be clearly posted along detour routes. The road will be reopened on Sunday, July 15 at 4 a.m.

• Like 1