Eola's "Evil?" Statue

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tennis32801 said:

There are more urgent things the city could have done with that $120,000 than addressing an faux issue because of white guilt. Maybe they should relocate the Washington Monument too since GW also owned slaves.

$120,000 is a lot but that is a false comparative. 

Personally for me, the love/amor statues are too vague and not specific to Orlando. On the topic of letter statues, I've been fond of the "I amsterdam" letters in Amsterdam and kind of want something like that at Lake Eola, and I think the Confederate statue's spot would be great. Actually that kind of has been done by the Orlando Magic with their MAG_C letter statue. Is it still there? Haven't been to the Amway in a long time.

I imagine "Orlando" being spellled in a goofy fashion: imagine an orange for "O," a space shuttle for "A," Walt Disney's "D," etc.

Also I'm not sure if you guys know about CowParade and similar events: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CowParade  I'd think it'd be cool if Orlando did something like that, with swans instead of cows, of course.

Archived