Winter Garden/Ocoee/Oakland Projects

spenser1058

The Garden Theater does run retro films during the summer. They could partner with Enzian as well to get more current, indie fare when the house would be otherwise dark between live shows.

Not sure what the answer would be to get your superhero fix, although WOT/Observer reports another strip center is in the works on 50.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:45 AM, Tim3167 said:

The building next to Plant Street Market is done with 2 of the three announced restaurants open. Something happened with Burger Craft I believe and the agreement falling through.

Wow!  that is awesome!  can't wait to see that place!  

• 1 month later...

Dare I say, this development along with the Plant Street Market and the new addition are the best small town infill in the entire metro in recent years?

I recall a few others lamenting that Winter Park seems to be straying from its architectural heritage. Winter Garden appears to be enhancing theirs.

Anyone want to wager the underlying reasons?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lots of updates for Plant St. from the Sentinel:

6 new things to check out in Winter Garden and 3 coming soon
http://bit.ly/2zI34My

I also noticed for the first time this week that apartments for the '70's era Inland Seas complex on Lake Apopka are now pricing higher than many of the mom and pop apartments around Thornton Park and Eola Heights. That's the first time I recall that happening. More confirmation that WG has arrived!

• 5 weeks later...

Its been interesting to see how people are reacting to the removal of the flashing red light at Plant and Park Ave. in Winter Garden.  All of a sudden it's like they have no clue what a stop sign means or how to navigate the intersection. 

I do find it very disturbing that the residence of the "new" Slate Luxury apartments on Park are all being kicked out. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RedStar25 said:

Its been interesting to see how people are reacting to the removal of the flashing red light at Plant and Park Ave. in Winter Garden.  All of a sudden it's like they have no clue what a stop sign means or how to navigate the intersection. 

I do find it very disturbing that the residence of the "new" Slate Luxury apartments on Park are all being kicked out. 

I agree but it's definitely a sign WG is the "IT" place to be these days. WG had long been a haven for affordable housing along the Park Ave/West Bay corridor. Not sure what will take its place but the new OC Mayor really does need to use his bully pulpit to address the problem with all the local mayors. As WG proves, this ain't just an Orlando issue anymore.

Oakland is building an Arts and History Center along the West Orange Trail with public restrooms. Construction should start any time now.

here are pics of the area now along with rendering.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orange/os-oakland-art-museum-20170717-story,amp.html

3FD8C629-43FA-4EDA-AF05-503A0F696237.jpeg

2B67D6A9-B07F-4485-A166-86215599C832.jpeg

8C3C243E-43EF-4705-AFE2-06CA8ED8F5EA.jpeg

Edited by Tim3167
Fixed link
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Tim, I've really missed your awesome photos. It would be great if you could take more shots again - you were always one of the best photographers we have!

Hey thanks a bunch! I used to enjoy heading downtown once a month to do those updates. 

• Like 3