Kissimmee | St. Cloud | Celebration

prahaboheme

• 3 weeks later...

Last week Kissimmee launched a free downtown circulator in cunjinction with Lynx - the route starts at the downtown Intermodal station, heads south to the lakefront and Broadway through downtown, then heads north up through ORMC and the medical district before coming back down OBT:

6228115F-B549-4B09-A4A7-1C24A887E9DE.png

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Like 2

Correct.  I can go from my home in Colonialtown north to work in North Quarter with the following times:

• 7 mins on the 408 to I-4 via car
  • 10 mins on Robinson via car
  • 19 mins on Livingston via bike
  • 30 mins by bus
  • 58 mins walking

During on rush hour it turns about to be the same amount of time on a bike as it does in a car.  I usually bike faster than google says you can, and traffic backs things up.  

Of course if I'm gonna be out at the bars for the night, I rent a lime to go downtown so I don't have to worry about my personal bike.  Then I just uber home.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Growth spotter reports: TOD announced a block from the Kissimmee Sunrail station, a few highlights:

- Same developer who built the TOD at the Longwood station, Weston Park

The Wendover project, dubbed Weston 4Hundred, would consist of three 4-story, elevator-served buildings with surface parking. The unit breakdown is 80 studio and one-bedroom units; 89 two-bedroom units and 37 three-bedroom units. Rents would start at $1,000 for a studio and top out at $1,700 for a three-bedroom unit.

This would be the second Class A apartment project in Kissimmee's downtown core slated for construction this year. The city's redevelopment partner, Mosaic Development, expects to pull building permits in the next 30-60 days and start construction this summer on 300 units across from Kissimmee's Lakeview Park. 

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/kissimmee-developments/gs-developer-planning-transit-oriented-housing-near-kissimmee-sunrail-station-20190301-story.html

7B2FE215-68FC-49BE-A7FF-152C2A938DED.png

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Like 1

Growthspotter reporting:  Brazilian-American firm planning $72M condo resort in Kissimmee area

750x422

A few details:

- West Kissimmee area about a mile from the new Margaritaville resort

- The project, dubbed Sycamore Orlando Resort, is currently slated for 366 condo units which will marketed to international investors. It would be operated as a condo resort with units ranging in size from one- to three-bedrooms. The development plan calls for six 6-story condo towers surrounding the resort pool and clubhouse.

Link:  http://www.growthspotter.com/news/osceola-county-developments/gs-brazilian-american-firm-planning-72m-condo-resort-in-kissimmee-area-20190306-story.html

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Orlando is often called “The City Without Limits” because the boundaries are so ragged and indecipherable.

Kissimmee, meanwhile, is making an effort to clean up its borders by annexing 35 enclaves:

http://orlando-politics.com/2019/03/23/city-of-kissimmee-approves-annexation-of-small-enclaves/

From Orlando Politics 

5 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Kissimmee, meanwhile, is making an effort to clean up its borders

Interesting. I wish they provided a map... weird fetish tied to writing college papers on the growth management plan and how to incorporate International Commerce Park off 528, but I always dig viewing those screwy maps.

10 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Interesting. I wish they provided a map... weird fetish tied to writing college papers on the growth management plan and how to incorporate International Commerce Park off 528, but I always dig viewing those screwy maps.

If you just type in Kissimmee, FL into google maps, you'll see the enclaves fairly easily.  It says all of them, but I stopped counting at like 20 or so.

Aerial flyover of the Neocity developments showing the construction of the class A office building and the Neocity Academy charter school. Toward the end of the video you can see the massive amount of dirt and water ways in movement to eventually support the town center area.

• Like 1

More potentially good news for the W192 tourism corridor:

Exclusive: Unicorp plots $125M project on Disney-owned land

OBJ reports that Unicorp is inking a deal to buy WDW-owned property (exact location not disclosed but at the World Drive / I-4 area, which would likely be the Disney owned land just west of Celebration on the south side of W192.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/04/11/exclusiveunicorp-plots-125m-project-on-disney.html

• Like 1

New design standards may finally be on the way for one of Central Florida’s most notorious contributors to sprawl, West US192.

”But the purple and teal palette will be toned down...” Thank goodness. Now if we can just send the teal on SunTrust Center back to the 1980’s where it belongs, life will be great!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-osceola-tourism-corridor-designs-20190416-story.html

From the Sentinel 

• Like 1

Pfft, I'll miss it, I liked the purple streetlights. Painting them black will make them more bland and less exciting.

We're soon going to live in a world that only has black, white, grays, beige, and perhaps some camouflaging colors ("disappearing green" in this area)

Edited by aent

On 2/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, codypet said:

Correct.  I can go from my home in Colonialtown north to work in North Quarter with the following times:

• 7 mins on the 408 to I-4 via car
  • 10 mins on Robinson via car
  • 19 mins on Livingston via bike
  • 30 mins by bus
  • 58 mins walking

During on rush hour it turns about to be the same amount of time on a bike as it does in a car.  I usually bike faster than google says you can, and traffic backs things up.  

Of course if I'm gonna be out at the bars for the night, I rent a lime to go downtown so I don't have to worry about my personal bike.  Then I just uber home.

That doesn’t make sense, why would you go south of 50 when you and your work are both north of 50? Unless I got my neighborhoods wrong I thought Colonialtown North was north of 50 and Colonialtown South was south of 50

26 minutes ago, Naqiy90 said:

That doesn’t make sense, why would you go south of 50 when you and your work are both north of 50? Unless I got my neighborhoods wrong I thought Colonialtown North was north of 50 and Colonialtown South was south of 50

I mis-typed Colonialtown North when I meant Colonialtown South.