SgtCampsalot

Oakhurst Neighborhood

Yes....Ryan Homes is putting in the infrastructure currently....no news (that I'm aware of on the grocery)....I wouldn't be surprised to see a Lidl....so close to Cotswold for either a HT or Publix I would think, but know knows.

I've been in the CM market twice....seems decently busy and nice set up....the covered patio is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Meant to ask.....does anyone know the price of the Ryan Townhomes? (I'm sure Ryan is hoping a grocery gets announced)

Also, the city is holding a design charette early next month to talk about improving the Monroe Rd streetscape between Briar Creek and Sharon Amity.  I've heard (but not certain) they will be proposing center turn lanes with pedestrian islands, and bike lanes......so similar the plan for South Blvd south of Tremont.

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

Meant to ask.....does anyone know the price of the Ryan Townhomes? (I'm sure Ryan is hoping a grocery gets announced)

Also, the city is holding a design charette early next month to talk about improving the Monroe Rd streetscape between Briar Creek and Sharon Amity.  I've heard (but not certain) they will be proposing center turn lanes with pedestrian islands, and bike lanes......so similar the plan for South Blvd south of Tremont.

I've talked to the Sales Agent a few times.  Pricing is not released yet, but should be comparable to their Bryant Park and City Park pricing.

http://www.ryanhomes.com/find-your-home/our-communities/north-carolina/charlotte/townes-of-oakhurst

They finally added it to their site.  Seems like it's priced slightly above those other projects, and more in line with their Morningside Mews project.  I think they are going vertical soon.  I saw a building permit for their sales/model unit.  I hope so...that big field is very depressing looking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tozmervo said:

I think this is much more depressing than a big field. 

townhomes.png

I don't know... if they orient themselves to its streets properly, it could be cool.

Even though I've seen these in many municipalities in the region (some well executed, some not... it's usually up to their street orientation), it's a breath of fresh air to have something other than modernism.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, asthasr said:

The style is fine. It's the haphazard collection of facade materials that make it very... Ryan.

And strange door canopies. and strange use of shutters. and awkward gable trim. and terrible watertable detailing. and windows so cheap that I'm saving money just looking at the photo

• Like 2

Ryan Homes was selling almost the exact townhouses 15-20 years ago.  Does that make them timeless?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, tozmervo said:

I think this is much more depressing than a big field. 

townhomes.png

I little piece of me just died a inside but was revived when I threw up a bit.

2 hours ago, 49er said:

Here's the site plan. There is a mix of alley load and front load which is the only saving grace I see here. 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Subdivision/Approvals/2016/OakhurstTownhomes(MF).pdf

The fact that they aren't anywhere near fronting monroe is a saving grace. 

To see these townhomes today drive over to City Park at the old coliseum site. Same plans and colors it seems and not as bad as many think. I would rather see owner occupied townhomes going up than another bland apartment complex. My prediction: these will sell quick due to location. Charlotte has a housing shortage unless you are looking for a $500K plus priced house so we need more townhomes. Not every TH can look like Carson by David Weekley with their $750-800K price tag. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Can we all at least agree that they are better visually than the moderna modernist homes off W Commonwealth?

Not sure where those are, what cross street is it near?

6 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Not sure where those are, what cross street is it near?

Levy Way. Couple hundred feet north of Oakhurst STEAM