IKEA to Nashville

smeagolsfree

5 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Great addition for that area. Although if this will be accessed from the Bell Road exit off I-24, I hope this spurs the reconfiguration of that exit -- it gets pretty backed up and dangerous at times.

The Hickory Hollow Parkway interchange is set to be converted into a full interchange soon. The first section of Cane Ridge Parkway is already under construction

No improvements are planned to the interchange of Bell Rd/Cane Ridge Rd/I-24

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Great addition for that area. Although if this will be accessed from the Bell Road exit off I-24, I hope this spurs the reconfiguration of that exit -- it gets pretty backed up and dangerous at times.

They're extending Hickory Hollow Pkwy.

• Like 2

I've never been in an Ikea...but since this one will be about 5 miles from my house, I may have to check it out.

What I really like about it is that it will more than likely help speed things along as far as renewing the entire Hickory Hollow area.  

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I've never been in an Ikea...but since this one will be about 5 miles from my house, I may have to check it out.

We drove down to Memphis shortly after their's opened. Best way to describe it is a one-way retail maze. You wind through showrooms, each unique (kitchen, bedroom, living room, etc) and it you finally come out at checkout. It's brilliant from a retail standpoint. Imagine if you had to walk down every single aisle of Target without spending money and everything was dirt cheap. Don't go unless you have at least an hour to kill. They literally have everything.

Edited by claya91
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, claya91 said:

Best way to describe it is a one-way retail maze. You wind through showrooms, each unique (kitchen, bedroom, living room, etc) and it you finally come out at checkout. It's brilliant from a retail standpoint.

Pretty spot-on description. It's not the type of store where you park and just "run in" to grab a couple of quick items. Plan to be there a solid hour, and that's assuming you know exactly what you're looking for and where to find it. Unless you're an incredibly disciplined shopper, there's a fair chance you'll walk out of there with a few gadgets and oddball items you didn't think you needed.

• Like 1

The Tennessean is saying that IKEA considered sites near the airport and downtown before finally choosing Antioch.  I wonder where downtown?  I think this is encouraging that IKEA even considered downtown and makes me wonder if maybe a retailer like Target could be enticed to locate an urban store downtown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

The Tennessean is saying that IKEA considered sites near the airport and downtown before finally choosing Antioch.  I wonder where downtown?  I think this is encouraging that IKEA even considered downtown and makes me wonder if maybe a retailer like Target could be enticed to locate an urban store downtown.

I bet they looked over in Metro Center.

Congratulations on getting the IKEA I knew you would get one and I thought it would go south of town I guess SE of town here along I-24. 2nd store was just announced for NC too in Cary a suburb of Raleigh. One thing I like is really cheap breakfasts and always FREE coffee and for some reason their coffee is very good. Just bring your own bags or buy one of their reusuable bags. Usually during a grand opening period they will give them away grab them then and then you will be set up for life! They also have the little Swedish food section and their ginger snaps are fantastic too. 

• Like 3