Charlotte area population statistics

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

does anyone know where  I can find a chart on the 2020 census metro area populations for the biggest US metros ?  I can't seem to find a complete updated list just estimates in one place or specific metro populations in another?

Here: https://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/interactive/2020-population-and-housing-state-data.html

Click "All CBSAs"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

So metro Nashville grew slightly faster than Charlotte when in the previous decade they were growing almost exactly at the same rate. 

Charlotte metro  18.6% 

Nashville metro  20.9%  

Nashville is the place to be it seems, especially the last few years.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, norm21499 said:

Nashville is the place to be it seems, especially the last few years.

It is smaller metro around  1.98 vs our 2.6 M but some of their surrounding counties are exploding like Williamson.  But they are years behind on transportation improvements like highways and mass transit. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Was really hoping Wake and Mecklenburg would pass Fairfax in county population. Fairfax remains the most populous county in the southeast outside of Florida — for now. 

I think Wake for sure and Mecklenburg afterwards will pass Fairfax my old stomping ground.  Fairfax is mostly built out but is becoming higher density but the growth rate is really much slower there than when I live there in the 1990s. 

• Like 3

On 8/12/2021 at 5:33 PM, kermit said:

Well, kinda. The deviation from 2020 estimates was pretty uneven.

image.png.ed2386c37a763c2f7728858233db8753.png

image.png.4828976fe0baa5d01812670666f1b530.png

I see high undercounts in some very high % hispanic areas, but its not like the first table is lacking in diversity (but it is entirely Northern Blue State (plus its spiritual twin, Hawaii).

It looks like places with very high growth over estimated and low growth underestimated.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Temeteron said:

I never understood why Atlanta’s density is so low. 

Very few people live in the Atlanta urban core (although that has improved over the past decade). The city was clobbered more than most by white flight and the enthusiastic embrace of SFH on large lots.