Downtown Projects

vladittude0583

I was wondering if anyone knew how tall in terms of "feet" are The Strand & The Peninsula going to be? I know that The Strand has the lofts @ 10ft, the penthouses @ 12 ft, but what does it all add up to? I know that the San Marco Place I believe is going to be 231ft. tall which I think is about the same size as the Berkman Plaza. I've been hearing that Berkman Plaza II is supposed to be breaking ground soon, is this true? If so, how tall is the tower going to be? I also noticed that if downtown's landscape was more evenly flat, I bet most of the towers would be a lot taller than they look right now b/c driving through downtown, I noticed that the streets were flat and that they were "hilly" so, the buildings are more uneven in terms of scale size. Does anyone know of the St. Joe's plans to build a condo where the YMCA site is or so? What about Fidelity's plans to build a condo? Driving through I-95 going towards I-10/1-95N, I believe the Riverside section of downtown where Blue Cross & Fidelity is located, is where much needed building should be because it looks naked.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering if anyone knew how tall in terms of "feet" are The Strand & The Peninsula going to be? I know that The Strand has the lofts @ 10ft, the penthouses @ 12 ft, but what does it all add up to? I know that the San Marco Place I believe is going to be 231ft. tall which I think is about the same size as the Berkman Plaza. I've been hearing that Berkman Plaza II is supposed to be breaking ground soon, is this true? If so, how tall is the tower going to be?

I'm not sure about the Strand and Peninsula. However, the Peninsula should easily clear 400ft. It was mentioned a couple of months ago that Berkman II would be breaking ground sometime this summer. Unfortunately, its supposed to be a carbon copy of phase I.

Does anyone know of the St. Joe's plans to build a condo where the YMCA site is or so? What about Fidelity's plans to build a condo? Driving through I-95 going towards I-10/1-95N, I believe the Riverside section of downtown where Blue Cross & Fidelity is located, is where much needed building should be because it looks naked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

St. Joe's plans are on hold, until land is found to replace the current YMCA building.

I agree - but the potential is there for them to slap some retail on the front of their parking garage, where that awful mound is.

I'm all for green in a urban area, but I don't know about the grassy knoll thing they have

just had to say this, we all agree that the St. Joe building is an oddity on the skyline there>>> but has anyone been inside? i thought i was entering Spaceship Earth at Epcot... this ever decreasing light tunnel, really modern furniture?? i agree, no street interaction, but hey>>> that is a six lane highway soon... not exactly a pedestrian environment.

As to the St Joe building, it is a little funny, until you consider that they used as its inspiration a typical old FL house. So, you can see the tin roof and the sides of the house and the brick base of the house. It is a bit of a stretch, but I think it isnt that bad personally.

Its hard to say about height of building but I did some research and seem like Strand with 28 floors would be some 4-5 flors shorter then Southtrust tower and Peninsula should be slightly taller then ST,just as it looks on picture on their site,floors shoult take at least 11' floor-to-floor if not little bit more not counting that most likely would be some space taken for 9th floor where pool and top of tower.

I've read somewhere that Trump converted one of towers in NYC I belive from office 54 to residential 47 floors,so take Peninsula 36 minus 7 and add some space for pool and roof and it should be few floors taller.

Then again I am thinking should they make towers even with Strand and ST and Peninsula taller to make it more uniform looking,who knows will see when it is all done.

St Marco should look slitghtly smaller then Berkman but whole ares is gona look very city like when its all done with Skyway next to it,finally something that looks like urban city....well with some grafiti :-)

Archived