Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

4 hours ago, caterpillar2 said:

Yes him except for the Putin crap. That is just bitter anger at being on the loser's side.

Yup, you got me. I am just making stuff up. There is no evidence at all that Russia manipulated the election. The donald-led Dept of Homeland Security reporting that 21 states had election systems hacked by the Russians before the election is probably just fake news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/dhs-tells-states-about-russian-hacking-during-2016-election/2017/09/22/fd263a2c-9fe2-11e7-8ea1-ed975285475e_story.html?utm_term=.6e8958e9ae97

And the donny-led NSA admiting that they were hacked before the election by Russian-funded hackers who gathered  the information they needed to cover their tracks in further attacks is  also total BS (which was reported by donny's buddy Rupert Murdoch)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-hackers-stole-nsa-data-on-u-s-cyber-defense-1507222108

Edited by kermit

14 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Dude, your spirit is in a dark, mean place. And we never would have seen it if we had stayed on non-political UP topics. This is indeed a rift-creating time in our society.

Again, you make no sense. I support the president so in your mind, my spirit is in a" dark and mean" place. LOL! I support America, military, freedoms, strong economy, crime control, true equal opportunity, controlled immigration and all other things that make the U.S. number one. Our economy is in a superior state that it has not seen for almost 20 years in regards to GNP, stock market, unemployment, and job expansion. I am proud of that.  If you insist on pretending that you are on the good side, why don't you contest those "progressives" that wanted to ban gay republicans from the Pride parade. I guess that shows the "dark, mean" spirit of your cult. You and you pal Kermit might want to go back to high school and study civics. It will explain that the electoral system for selecting president is the system that is used in the U.S. because it better represents "all" Americans and not just the leftist in inner cities,  The election is  based on electoral votes, not popular votes.  Crying won't change that, only dummies that don't understand representation of all citizens are confused with election numbers.  Just remember, we do use the electoral system. Simple advise, question "fake" news , open your mind to reality,  understand how the system works, and learn to accept  people that may not be on the same page as you politically.  I do. I don't normally discuss politics with people I know, visa versa. 

1 hour ago, caterpillar2 said:

Our economy is in a superior state that it has not seen for almost 20 years in regards to GNP, stock market, unemployment, and job expansion. I am proud of that. 

IMG_0415.PNG

In addition, donny's labor department just reported the first monthly decline in jobs in the last seven years.  https://www.wsj.com/articles/hurricane-battered-u-s-shed-33-000-jobs-in-september-1507293088

Edited by kermit

Our economy is in a superior state that it has not seen for almost 20 years in regards to GNP, stock market, unemployment, and job expansion. I am proud of that. 

Here are the GDP figures (nobody has used GNP for more than two decades). These numbers are directly from donny's department of commerce:

IMG_0416.PNG

As you can see, the quarterly GDP from Q2 17 was better than any quarter in the past two years but its barely half as high as the GDP gains we saw in 2013 and 2014. I'll also point out that the Q2 data are also subject to revision and the Q1 data are relatively poor.  So sure, donny pulled this one out of a hat but output is clearly nowhere near 'the highest in 20 years'

Edited by kermit

3 hours ago, caterpillar2 said:

And the stock market:

IMG_0418.PNG

As measured by the S&P 500 he underperformed Obama over the first 100 days. Donny has been able to ride the straight line up in markets that started in March 2009.  Sure the market is at all time highs but its hit an all time highs in 32 of the past 56 months -- what makes the all time highs under donny better than the ones under Obama?

Edited by kermit

3 hours ago, caterpillar2 said:

And finally unemployment:

IMG_0420.PNG

These data are hot off the presss at donny's bureau of labor statistics. Yup, he has done good here, unemployment rates in 2017 are the lowest they have been in about 10 years (not 20). However, an honest viewer of these data would recognize that donny has just been riding the trend of declining unemployment that started in 2010 and that donny has presided over a slowing in the rate of unemployment declines. The net job loss reported today by the labor department suggests things may get worse.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, caterpillar2 said:

So lets recap. The data shows that job expansion and gdp growth are both worse than they were during recent Obama years. The stock market and unemployment measures look good but thye are simply continuations of trends started during the previous administration (there has been no substantive policy change that would have impacted either while donny has been in office). In short, your statement about 'best level in 20 years' was a lie.

Tell us again what exactly is it that you are proud of...

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

I just deleted a large posting. I have decided to not bother for two reasons. First, you are on the losing side and I am on the winning regardless of the fake news and figures you post. You know what they say about statistics. Secondly, I have learned that this board does not accept differing views. If one is not a true leftist and supports certain liberal agenda, they are suspended from the board. Although I believe that some on this board are pathetic (I will call no names), I will refrain from comments as I alike the city information.  So Kermit, I hope that I don't get a notification that you have continued to communicate with me as you are annoying in my opinion and you really need to find a hobby or someone else for whom to obsess.  God bless America, the President, the military, the police force, border guards, good beer, good music, beautiful/pleasant women, peace, prosperity, and equal freedoms for all and not just the left. I did not read you last postings. Sorry you wasted your time. :lol:

Edited by caterpillar2

Secondly, I have learned that this board does not accept differing views.

Stop being such a snowflake, I didn't reject your perspective, I engaged with your quoted text and shared  evidence showing that it was bullsh1t. There is a difference.

If you believe in what you are saying then you should have no problem defending your statements. 

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kermit said:

Stop being such a snowflake, if you believe in what you are saying you should have no problem defending your beliefs.

I didn't reject your perspective, I engaged with your quoted text and shared  evidence showing that it was bullsh1t. There is a difference.

Thanks for your kindness. I am pleased where I am. I don't need to debate, defend, or deny anything. We are on our way to prosperity and worldwide unmatchable leadership. That is enough for me. Yes, at times I think that Trump stuck his foot in his mouth, but maybe that is what we need. We don't need another ass kissing, subservient,  racist moron running our country. Trump and his staff are exactly what we need to get out of the mess we are in and I am not talking economics. As we know, I hope, economics runs in cycles and recessions, recoveries, etc. happen in cycles. Trump, without doubt, is doing a magnificent job in bringing jobs back to the U.S. and improving the job situation in the U.S. This, a president can do.  My main concern is the survivability of the U.S.  He has taken the lead in defense and done everything right in that arena. He is strengthening our military, not bowing to our enemies, setting ground rules with authority, getting the immigration situation in a better position and protecting our borders which will improve tremendously, and hopefully he will get a handle on the hate crime that is rampant on your side. It is strange that mass murder targets are republicans, yet the democrats are the ones crying for gun control. Maybe we should not allow democrats to have guns. Bottom line, I see no reason to debate. I go by results and not statistics from "fake" sources. I have always watched and read news sources from a huge array of stations, papers, etc. Unfortunately, it is so biased today that it is impossible to get reliable news from the leftist stations. With all of the crap and fake news, we will eventually end up with censored information.  It is the weekend and my interest is socializing and beer. Take a break and forget politics until next week. While you are at it, kiss a republican. just kidding, I don't care for them either.  

16 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

I go by results and not statistics from "fake" sources. 

Three of the four stats I used were reported from federal government agencies run by trump apointees (calling these sources to question is the equivalent of saying that the trump admin is dishonest). The fourth (the S&P 500) was from the Dow Jones corp which is data they release to the public in real time. Please tell us how these data sources are faked to make donny look bad.

Edited by kermit

1 hour ago, kermit said:

Three of the four stats I used were reported from federal government agencies run by trump apointees (calling these sources to question is the equivalent of saying that the trump admin is dishonest). The fourth (the S&P 500) was from the Dow Jones corp which is data they release to the public in real time. Please tell us how these data sources are faked to make donny look bad.

Thanks for verifying my former statements. Unemployment last month was 4.2,  Unemployment since Trump has been president has not be as low since George W. Bush. Thanks for proving me right. As far as GDP,  President Trump has maintained a stead pace remaining over 100 0n the S&P rating.  Obama was drastically low most of  his first 100 days.  But, as I mentioned before, my main concerns aren't the economy. It is driven by factors of cycles. I am concerned about the serious problems that exists now that are being tended to.  Go back to sleep and stop with your fake insinuations. Seriously, as I said before, I don't want to argue. All of the candidates on your side were nightmares. I feel great that we kicked ass major big time. :)

P.S. I tried to close on a somewhat friendly not last time I posted. Do not contact me about politics any more. I wasn't to divorce myself away from people on your boat. 

Edited by caterpillar2

Thanks for verifying my former statements. Unemployment last month was 4.2,  Unemployment since Trump has been president has not be as low since George W. Bush. Thanks for proving me right.

The data I cited are either 'fake' or not. An hour ago you said all my data were 'fake',  an hour later you consider them to be valid -- gosh, I wonder what caused that change of heart?

P.S. I tried to close on a somewhat friendly not last time I posted. Do not contact me about politics any more. I wasn't to divorce myself away from people on your boat. 

What makes you think I am trying to contact you? I am replying to posts you make on a public message board in an effort to clean up a fraction of the garbage* you leave behind. Its the moderator's job to tell me what I can't post, not yours.

* I have called you out on SIX outright lies in the past 10 days:
1) Clt getting stuck with the Chiquita incentives bill
2) The statement that Jennifer Roberts negotiated the Chiquita incentives package
3) The statement that "GNP" has not been this good in 20 years
4) The statement that the stock market was at remarkable highs
5) The statement that unemployment this low has not been seen in 20 years
6) The statement that job expansion has not been this high for 20 years

Edited by kermit

54 minutes ago, kermit said:

The data I cited are either 'fake' or not. An hour ago you said all my data were 'fake',  an hour later you consider them to be valid -- gosh, I wonder what caused that change of heart?

What makes you think I am trying to contact you? I am replying to posts you make on a public message board in an effort to clean up a fraction of the garbage* you leave behind. Its the moderator's job to tell me what I can't post, not yours.

* I have called you out on SIX outright lies in the past 10 days:
1) Clt getting stuck with the Chiquita incentives bill
2) The statement that Jennifer Roberts negotiated the Chiquita incentives package
3) The statement that "GNP" has not been this good in 20 years
4) The statement that the stock market was at remarkable highs
5) The statement that unemployment this low has not been seen in 20 years
6) The statement that job expansion has not been this high for 20 years

I don't care if it is fake or not. I just told you that the information you submitted validated what I said about unemployment under Trump being the lowest in 20 years. I never said it wasn't fake news or information. You seem to be having some problems in the ole concentration area.  You really seem to take an interest in me. How sweet.  Sorry, not interested. 

13 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

You really seem to take an interest in me. How sweet.  Sorry, not interested. 

All of your post are about real men, men this, men that. Liberal men are sissies and need to be beat by strong conservative military guys. I think someone might be in that closet..... (FYI I believe nearly all of us on here are real men... you're not more macho than the rest of us btw.)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

18 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

All of your post are about real men, men this, men that. Liberal men are sissies and need to be beat by strong conservative military guys. I think someone might be in that closet..... (FYI I believe nearly all of us on here are real men... you're not more macho than the rest of us btw.)

O.K.  Thanks for the information.

Edited by caterpillar2

Trump is a man who only cares about himself. Threw wool over the minorities eyes who voted for him, to take away their protections and citizenship status in the United States away. Trump is a man who said he would work for 1 dollar a year in office, then took the full salary. Trump is a man who threatened to collapse the United States healthcare system to achieve his goals. Trump is a man who's taken double and triple the vacations Obama took. Trump is a man who is draining Secret Service funds to protect him and charges them to use his towers as a base to protect him. Trump is a man who ... etc. The more I type about this disgraceful man, the more I hope we ALL go out and speak towards the damage this man has done to the United States in 2018 with we vote. 

• 2 weeks later...