Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

Transit operations rely on partial federal reimbursement, and streetcar construction even more so. CATS has cash reserves, but a very long shutdown could require some creative financing before cutting service or suspending projects. 

Local funding creativity has been needed in recent past. CATS secured construction loans when the state match previously promised at 25% of BLE was drawn out over multiple years.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dandy Chiggens said:

Nobody has come on here to eat their crow yet??   At least some of you don't have to check under your bed for Russians before you go to sleep now.

Why?  It's akin to publicly providing a certified birth certificate and the majority of  one party totally dismissing it.  Hell no, this is politics...the show must go on...it's way of the world now.  The truth is what you wanna believe and hanging out with  like-minded people to keep you convinced that it really is the truth.

Edited by Durhamite

Doesn't surprise me the goal posts have been moved.   I am enjoying the meltdowns and retreating to safe spaces though, a few liberals I work with have been walking around looking like their gold fish died.  Reddit is a salt mine right now.  Maybe people will learn that Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah arent real news sources now.  

37 minutes ago, Dandy Chiggens said:

Doesn't surprise me the goal posts have been moved.   I am enjoying the meltdowns and retreating to safe spaces though, a few liberals I work with have been walking around looking like their gold fish died.  Reddit is a salt mine right now.  Maybe people will learn that Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah arent real news sources now.  

We have nothing to respond to. Donald Trump WILL BE indicted as soon as he leaves office. Donald Trump weaved together this "no collusion" narrative to distract you from the facts. No, no collusion was found, but he has not been exonerated.   I don't watch Stephen Colbert, or Trevor Noah, I read Politico, The Hill, and the Wall Street Journal. Nor am I a "liberal."

I think it's super cute, that you think you have some sort of victory.  Adorable Dandy, just adorable. By accepting William Barr's account of the report, you are basically claiming that you read Crime & Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, based on you reading your 8th graders book report on it, which was produced by reading cliff notes only. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

We have nothing to respond to. Donald Trump WILL BE indicted as soon as he leaves office. Donald Trump weaved together this "no collusion" narrative to distract you from the facts. No, no collusion was found, but he has not been exonerated. I don't watch Stephen Colbert, or Trevor Noah, I read Politico, The Hill, and the Wall Street Journal. 

I think it's super cute, that you think you have some sort of victory.  

The force is strong in this one.

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

We have nothing to respond to. Donald Trump WILL BE indicted as soon as he leaves office. Donald Trump weaved together this "no collusion" narrative to distract you from the facts. No, no collusion was found, but he has not been exonerated.   I don't watch Stephen Colbert, or Trevor Noah, I read Politico, The Hill, and the Wall Street Journal. Nor am I a "liberal."

I think it's super cute, that you think you have some sort of victory.  Adorable Dandy, just adorable. By accepting William Barr's account of the report, you are basically claiming that you read Crime & Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, based on you reading your 8th graders book report on it, which was produced by reading cliff notes only. 

I hate to break it to you but he wont be indicted when he leaves office in 2024...... yes the far left and media have all but guaranteed his reelection with the stunts of the past 2 years.  Trump has done pretty much nothing for his base yet the left instead focuses on conspiracy theories and lies.  Not to mention demonizing anyone who dares have different beliefs/ideas than them.  But if you want to cling to hope for something that wont happen for the next 5 years then have at it.  

I don't see this as some sort of victory for me.  I didn't vote for Trump and he wont get my vote in 2020. I was a Rand Paul supporter in 2016 and now  I am supporting Tulsi Gabbard now whom the left is racist towards and smears for being anti-war.  I still think most of the liberals here are confused and still haven't processed what happened in 2016.  It was supposed to be "her turn".  Me on the other hand, I am grateful of the checks and balances our government has and know that 1 man cannot bring on Armageddon.  I wasn't a fan of Obama but couldn't bring myself to vote for McCain or Romney,  but I didn't develop a derangement syndrome and start lashing out at every Obama supporter I saw.  I think some of you spend way too much time in your echo chambers.  In 2024 Trump will be out of office and if the left can get their act together, maybe we will have a Democrat back in office one day.

On a side note, I do find it surprising that a forum about business and development would have such a large far left contingent.  

1 hour ago, Dandy Chiggens said:

Trump has done pretty much nothing for his base yet the left instead focuses on conspiracy theories and lies. 

Which is exactly what his base focuses on... Experience it constantly.

1 hour ago, kermit said:

Why is that a surprise? The right constantly vilifies urbanity, density, transit, biking, pedestrianism, public space, diversity, democratic voters, hipsters, vegetarians, LBGTQ, the educated, people who make evidence-based-decisions, pot smokers,  millennials, and transit riders.

Its a surprise because a lot of the people here despise anyone who works at a bank or corporate setting.  There is the "banker bro" stereo type that many ppl run with on here that comes across as insecure jealousy.   Think what you may, but the facts are that the companies and white collar workers you all hate are what drives growth in this city.   This will always be a banking city and if it wasnt it would be no different than Greensboro today.

I guess it makes sense that there is tons of negativity on this forum and lots of bad ideas.  

What also concerns me are the leftists fleeing their liberal utopias they created by the hundreds of thousands and fleeing to nice southern cities like Charlotte.  Mainly I am hoping that in 10 years we dont need an app that tracks human waste on side walks like they have in SF..... cause tolerance and stuff.  

10 hours ago, Dandy Chiggens said:

What also concerns me are the leftists fleeing their liberal utopias they created by the hundreds of thousands and fleeing to nice southern cities like Charlotte.  Mainly I am hoping that in 10 years we dont need an app that tracks human waste on side walks like they have in SF..... cause tolerance and stuff.  

What concerns me are deepingly divisive views driving more young people from rural communities by the hundreds of thousands to nice job meccas like Charlotte.  Mainly I am hoping that after many years of obvious economic patterns, like Lowes moving from rural NC to Lake Norman, we don't need even more Charlotte-bashing by the right... cause talent and stuff.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, southslider said:

What concerns me are deepingly divisive views driving more young people from rural communities by the hundreds of thousands to nice job meccas like Charlotte.  Mainly I am hoping that after many years of obvious economic patterns, like Lowes moving from rural NC to Lake Norman, we don't need even more Charlotte-bashing by the right... cause talent and stuff.

You are being "deepingly" emotional.......  What you posted doesn't make any sense but will get you a few participation upvotes from your fellow leftists I see, and in todays culture...... thats all that matters.  I think it could have used a few more buzz words myself.

Heres some facts for you.......

SF poop map.  Im sure Charlotte has some talented devs that can make a great app for us too if we become progressive like SF!

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/map-street-sidewalk-poop-feces-311-report-waste-13278828.php

Liberal cities declining....

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/384536-the-great-exodus-out-of-americas-blue-cities

Now you try!

^?? I think someone needs to be more pragmatic and sensible so they can realise what they are saying is completely looney.

1. You cannot equate progressivism with people crapting in the streets, that's the kind of stuff when there are large number of people, not necessarily liberals. 

2. Charlotte is very much a liberal city and we're not 'declining'. You claim Charlotte is a "nice Southern city" and yet we are very blue. Anyhow, people leaving does not meaning those cities are declining; in fact blue cities, such as New York, and liberal coastal areas are the economic engine of this country. You don't see some cornfield in Iowa with the same impact as the cities, important less none the less but not the driving force. 

Dandy Chiggens, you give off a vibe of "gotta beat the libtards, those leftist partisan hacks are everything that's wrong with this country", your comments are very clearly divisive (mainly " participation upvotes from your fellow leftists") that are unnecessary and unfounded. And this is not an anti-GOP comment, I've voted Republican in the past but attitudes like that are one of the reasons I haven't voted GOP for a few years now.

It's going to be interesting reading your response. 

Edited by CLT704
  • Like 3

Just now, Dale said:

You mean all those Trumpers in Brooklyn ?

I live in a conservative neighborhood, and both of my bosses were Trumpers, until they became never Trumpers.

On 3/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, CLT704 said:

^?? I think someone needs to be more pragmatic and sensible so they can realise what they are saying is completely looney.

1. You cannot equate progressivism with people crapting in the streets, that's the kind of stuff when there are large number of people, not necessarily liberals. 

2. Charlotte is very much a liberal city and we're not 'declining'. You claim Charlotte is a "nice Southern city" and yet we are very blue. Anyhow, people leaving does not meaning those cities are declining; in fact blue cities, such as New York, and liberal coastal areas are the economic engine of this country. You don't see some cornfield in Iowa with the same impact as the cities, important less none the less but not the driving force. 

Dandy Chiggens, you give off a vibe of "gotta beat the libtards, those leftist partisan hacks are everything that's wrong with this country", your comments are very clearly divisive (mainly " participation upvotes from your fellow leftists") that are unnecessary and unfounded. And this is not an anti-GOP comment, I've voted Republican in the past but attitudes like that are one of the reasons I haven't voted GOP for a few years now.

It's going to be interesting reading your response. 

You mean you stopped voting Republican because they said mean things about Democrats ?

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I live in a conservative neighborhood, and both of my bosses were Trumpers, until they became never Trumpers.

I doubt that there is a conservative neighborhood in Brooklyn. The Blue Bloods TV series doesn’t count.

7 minutes ago, Dale said:

You mean you stopped voting Republican because they said mean things about Democrats ?

I doubt that there is a conservative neighborhood in Brooklyn. The Blue Bloods TV series doesn’t count.

Theres a couple red districts in Brooklyn, and Staten Island.