Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

Wow! Bastions of freethinkers remain in NYC. How long before your Meatless Monday Mayor roots them out ?

Oh yea, such freethinkers. The rhythmic chants of “Build A Wall,” and “Lock Her Up,” are truly indicative of a group of free thinkers vs. that of a cult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Oh yea, such freethinkers. The rhythmic chants of “Build A Wall,” and “Lock Her Up,” are truly indicative of a group of free thinkers vs. that of a cult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not lock ‘er up ? There’s got to be somebody out there who colluded with evil Russians.

7 hours ago, Dale said:

You mean you stopped voting Republican because they said mean things about Democrats ?

Can you not read between the lines? It was a divisive, hypocritical attitude: vilify the Democrats and whine like brats when it happens to them. The GOP is the most hypocritical party I have ever come across, and I have lived in 4 different countries. See examples of investigations into Benghazi and Clinton's emails and compare that with Republicans screaming the house down with the Mueller investigation, while there is "no collusion"- although not exonerated mind you- there were/are multiple indictments, guilt pleas, prison sentences etc all this while the GOP had a meltdown about witch hunts and total exoneration: H Y P O C R I T E S. Also, seeing their votes re healthcare, taxes, social security: all votes contrasted their pledged positions of "we'll replace the ACA with something better", "more Americans will have more money", "we won't cut social security". The Democrats are definitely not perfect but they're a lot better in my eyes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CLT704 said:

Can you not read between the lines? It was a divisive, hypocritical attitude: vilify the Democrats and whine like brats when it happens to them. The GOP is the most hypocritical party I have ever come across, and I have lived in 4 different countries. See examples of investigations into Benghazi and Clinton's emails and compare that with Republicans screaming the house down with the Mueller investigation, while there is "no collusion"- although not exonerated mind you- there were/are multiple indictments, guilt pleas, prison sentences etc all this while the GOP had a meltdown about witch hunts and total exoneration: H Y P O C R I T E S. Also, seeing their votes re healthcare, taxes, social security: all votes contrasted their pledged positions of "we'll replace the ACA with something better", "more Americans will have more money", "we won't cut social security". The Democrats are definitely not perfect but they're a lot better in my eyes. 

Olive Branch: forget the wall, let ‘me in. Your illegals get to vote, my Russians get to vote. 

Edited by Dale
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Olive Branch: forget the wall, let ‘me in. Your illegals get to vote, my Russians get to vote. 

Well, there is no evidence that illegal immigrants vote. However, for what it's worth, I think illegal immigration is a problem, if you want to come to America do it legally like I did. However, we have got to remember illegal immigrants are people and must be treated as such. I do not think a wall with stop illegal immigration- mainly since most overstay vistas and do not cross the border- however, I think there is a need for comprehensive immigration reform. You probably disagree entirely but Dreamers/DACA-recipients need a path to citizenship because it is not their fault they came to USA illegally and it would be incredibly unfair to send them to a country they have never been to. Immigration is a difficult problem to talk about because immigrants are people so have the same rights as you and me, however, as a concept, being an illegal immigrant is wrong. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Well, there is no evidence that illegal immigrants vote. However, for what it's worth, I think illegal immigration is a problem, if you want to come to America do it legally like I did. However, we have got to remember illegal immigrants are people and must be treated as such. I do not think a wall with stop illegal immigration- mainly since most overstay vistas and do not cross the border- however, I think there is a need for comprehensive immigration reform. You probably disagree entirely but Dreamers/DACA-recipients need a path to citizenship because it is not their fault they came to USA illegally and it would be incredibly unfair to send them to a country they have never been to. Immigration is a difficult problem to talk about because immigrants are people so have the same rights as you and me, however, as a concept, being an illegal immigrant is wrong. 

Unfortunately, liberals tend to frame this as a zero-sum game. To wit: enforce standing immigration policy, then you’re opposed to human beings ... if you’re a Republican.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Durhamite said:

At least Obama never swallowed like DT (on his knees)

I’ve already told you that I think Putin is doing a fine job as president. If that makes some uncomfortable, recall I’m  no closed-borders xenophobic nationalist. 

15 hours ago, CLT704 said:

I know people who fought at Benghazi, do you?

On 3/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, CLT704 said:

^?? I think someone needs to be more pragmatic and sensible so they can realise what they are saying is completely looney.

1. You cannot equate progressivism with people crapting in the streets, that's the kind of stuff when there are large number of people, not necessarily liberals. 

2. Charlotte is very much a liberal city and we're not 'declining'. You claim Charlotte is a "nice Southern city" and yet we are very blue. Anyhow, people leaving does not meaning those cities are declining; in fact blue cities, such as New York, and liberal coastal areas are the economic engine of this country. You don't see some cornfield in Iowa with the same impact as the cities, important less none the less but not the driving force. 

Dandy Chiggens, you give off a vibe of "gotta beat the libtards, those leftist partisan hacks are everything that's wrong with this country", your comments are very clearly divisive (mainly " participation upvotes from your fellow leftists") that are unnecessary and unfounded. And this is not an anti-GOP comment, I've voted Republican in the past but attitudes like that are one of the reasons I haven't voted GOP for a few years now.

It's going to be interesting reading your response. 

Are you trying to claim that Charlotte isnt a southern city?

Did global warming..... im sorry...... climate change...... cause the US to shift towards the northern end of the globe??  Or was it the Trump tax cuts?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CLT704 said:

Do you really think just because you say something that it makes it true?  You have such big thoughts and ideas and you back up zero of them with any kind of evidence and have been proven wrong countless times in this thread.  This took me 5 seconds.  Come on progressives..... do better.

Wake County election official helped an illegal voter cast a ballot. Now she’s going to prison.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article225991625.html

• Thanks 1

I gotta ask. I just went through all of @Dandy Chiggens posts. Only one related to the topic of this board, development. Why exactly are you on this board, if the only thing you contribute to is this thread, and the thread that much of these discussions used to be held in. Can't this all happen on 4chan or reddit, or in the comment section of Breitbart? Maybe contribute something development worthy?

Edited by Guest

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I gotta ask. I just went through all of @Dandy Chiggens posts. Only one related to the topic of this board, development. Why exactly are you on this board, if the only thing you contribute to is this thread, and the thread that much of these discussions used to be held in.

I was hoping he’d complain about Legacy Union.

Just now, Dale said:

I was hoping he’d complain about Legacy Union.

No reason to complain about it anymore, its built, and its going to end up being the home of 3 fortune 500 companies so far. 

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

No reason to complain about it anymore, its built, and its going to end up being the home of 3 fortune 500 companies so far. 

Breaking my rule of not to post on this thread anymore, but BofA, Honeywell, and SunBBTrust?

5 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Breaking my rule of not to post on this thread anymore, but BofA, Honeywell, and SunBBTrust?

Deloitte is number 2, though its not their HQ, I strongly suspect Honeywell is number 3.

Edited by Guest