Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

1 hour ago, kermit said:

FWIW:

9 of the 10 largest point declines ever in the Dow have now occurred under impeached president cheeto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_daily_changes_in_the_Dow_Jones_Industrial_Average

Doesn't bode well for the health of the market. I will just post the point for the sake of being a contrarian that 6 of the 10 of largest gains were also under agent orange.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2020 at 10:18 PM, kermit said:

FWIW:

9 of the 10 largest point declines ever in the Dow have now occurred under impeached president cheeto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_daily_changes_in_the_Dow_Jones_Industrial_Average

And as much as I hate to be political, i just have to ask all of his ardent and most loyal followers, how their 401k's are doing after last week.  All the bragging about how "great" they have been has been drastically eroded in one swift downturn - all within a week.  Are they still bragging?  Crickets......

For those who are curious to why the market sprung to life. It's because of FED emergency stimulus. And healthcare stocks, because of Bidens likely Dem nomination instead of Bernie.  

China and many other countries are not back to work and supply chains are further being disrupted. I have full confidence that the market will recover, but it may face further corrections before it recovers. Pay attention to the employment data in the next few quarters. That will tell the story. 

I know some people on here love to push the Chinese propaganda. Let’s be happy we don’t live with the same building codes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8086077/Hotel-China-holding-coronavirus-victims-quarantine-collapses.html

On 3/4/2020 at 5:42 PM, JRNYP2C said:

And as much as I hate to be political, i just have to ask all of his ardent and most loyal followers, how their 401k's are doing after last week.  All the bragging about how "great" they have been has been drastically eroded in one swift downturn - all within a week.  Are they still bragging?  Crickets......

I am not a Trump fan, but my 401k is up 85% since his election. My brokerage account is up 283% (thank you QQQ, Tesla, Apple, and Netflix).

i dont attribute all of that to Trump, but even with this blip, I am still much better then I was 3 years ago in the market.

Also, let’s be thankful we don’t have Chinese building codes. Dont believe the Chinese propaganda.

Edited by Blue_Devil
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, urbanlover568 said:

Oil down 20% and DOW futures down nearly 1,500 and S&P hit the breakers and can't trade until morning. Tomorrow is going to be mass capitulation. 

Or it’ll recover. Doesn’t seem to be too predictable. I’ve been surprised way to much the past couple years 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1

President impeach now owns all 11 of the 11 largest point declines in the DJIA ever (and 15 of the 20 largest declines). 

[and as Nick2 rightly points out, this is largely a product of our recent record highs, so he also owns 7 of the 10 largest up days]

#TiredofWinning

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^^^ what about percentages?  We have had 22.6 % drops in my lifetime in 1987.   

You know this virus will affect Democrats as much as Republicans, liberals as much as conservatives.  I am praying for it is get under control and that is prayers to God above and I would hope many of you would too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ what about percentages?  We have had 22.6 % drops in my lifetime in 1987.   

You know this virus will affect Democrats as much as Republicans, liberals as much as conservatives.  I am praying for it is get under control and that is prayers to God above and I would hope many of you would too.  

Never would I think a virus would be politicized, but here we are :( this is a human chrisis, not a left or right. We need to fight United against this virus united as China did and Italy is doing.

Italian PM Conte: "Our habits must be changed now: we must all give up something for the good of Italy"

• Like 1

So perhaps its time to talk about Dan Bishop. What possible rationale did he have for voting against this?  Since even Virginia Foxx (the esteemed rocket scientist!) voted for the bill his no vote seems unlikely to be purely ideological. 

I think he has some explaining to do....

And yet his tweet from the day before this vote was:

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Futures just flipped to positive. Let’s see how thus puppy responds today in light of all the stimulus From policy makers the world over!

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Like 3

NBC News: NYC Mayor: If Trump doesn't act, 'people will die who could have lived otherwise'.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/nyc-mayor-if-trump-doesn-t-act-people-will-die-n1166001?cid=googlenews-politics

These supposed Christians are despicable people.

Salon: Jerry Falwell Jr. just unmasked social conservatism.
https://www.salon.com/2020/03/22/jerry-falwell-jr-just-unmasked-social-conservatism_partner/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

This is not good...

JUST IN: Fed's Bullard says U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter 

At the risk of focusing on the obvious, if unemployment exceeds 24.9% next month then the Donald will have 'led' us into the highest unemployment rate in our nation's history.

As of Friday, he also owns 18 of the 20 largest point declines in DJIA history.

All of this economic calamity was caused by the want of a few million test kits (that the WHO had already developed), requesting (and or subsidising) firms to ramp up production of medical protective equipment, and developing a reasonable testing and screening plan (none of these tasks would have been particularly expensive or difficult).

Far and away the worst case of political incompetence our country has ever seen.

Edited by kermit
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1