Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

4 minutes ago, kermit said:

Call it whatever you want. The point remains that in NC it is legal to vote by mail, in person early and in person on election day. Anything done to make any of those options more difficult without legislation at the state level  is an infringement of our constitutional right to vote. Any such action is reasonably described as dictator-like.

I casted my absentee vote last time LOL No "Dictator" stopped that. LMAO #Hysteria #FaiedRussiaConspiracyTheory

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

I casted my absentee vote last time

In NC, any ballot that arrives the 4th day or later after election day is considered invalid and not counted.  

Would you have been bothered if your vote wasn't counted because it was sitting in a USPS backlog?   How about if 100 or 1,000 or 10,000 votes weren't counted, or more?  What if the reason was elected and appointed officials intentionally creating that backlog?

Just curious about where you would decide there's a problem. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, slipperypete said:

In NC, any ballot that arrives the 4th day or later after election day is considered invalid and not counted.  

Would you have been bothered if your vote wasn't counted because it was sitting in a USPS backlog?   How about if 100 or 1,000 or 10,000 votes weren't counted, or more?  What if the reason was elected and appointed officials intentionally creating that backlog?

You might enjoy this clip:

1 minute ago, JHart said:

That's literally his point :tw_joy:

No it's not. This was before the conspiracy theories of the post office shutting down. Also, if Pelosi was so concerned about the post office why didn't she include it in her first or second bill instead of waiting until 2 months before the primaries to overhaul a department?  Because the russia conspiracy theory didn't go as planned, here we are with "Dictator" Trump "Taking away absentee ballots" conspiracy theories. It's really pathetic. 

36 minutes ago, urbanlover568 said:

No it's not. This was before the conspiracy theories of the post office shutting down. Also, if Pelosi was so concerned about the post office why didn't she include it in her first or second bill instead of waiting until 2 months before the primaries to overhaul a department?  Because the russia conspiracy theory didn't go as planned, here we are with "Dictator" Trump "Taking away absentee ballots" conspiracy theories. It's really pathetic. 

Rather than repeatedly shouting ‘conspiracy theory’ could you explain to us why our fears of a mail slowdown interfering with the election might be misplaced?

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, kermit said:

Rather than repeatedly shouting ‘conspiracy theory’ could you explain to us why our fears of a mail slowdown interfering with the election might be misplaced?

I'm not the one insinuating "Dictator" Trump is taking away absentee ballots, you are. Which is basically a ... conspiracy theory. Oh good gosh, "Dictator" trump met with the postmaster this month, they must be scheming something like Trump was with Putin. 

Edited by urbanlover568

Your posts are unnecessarily rude and provocative.

Have you looked at the bi-partican Senate report on the Russian meddling? Are you aware they referred Kushner and others to justice for prosecution? Of course the current AG will undoubtedly bury it. You may find that funny but I can't imagine why. Perhaps it's because where you get your news isn't actually fair and balanced after all.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

conspiracy theories of the post office shutting down

Like this conspiracy theory? https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article245030145.html

Presumably this results in at least a 25% capacity reduction of the Charlotte mail sorting facility (25-28 machines before this change, 7 taken offline, so 25-28% if all machines operate at the same ppm rate). 

You seem to like setting of straw men, like "post office shutting down." Nobody here has made that claim. You are propping up a silly notion and then pointing and saying "hey guys, that's so silly."  I agree with you.   

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

Your posts are unnecessarily rude and provocative.

Have you looked at the bi-partican Senate report on the Russian meddling? Are you aware they referred Kushner and others to justice for prosecution? Of course the current AG will undoubtedly bury it. You may find that funny but I can't imagine why. Perhaps it's because where you get your news isn't actually fair and balanced after all.

Your the one spouting conspiracy theories. Talk about counterproductive. You STILL think Russia helped trump in the 2016 election? LMAO Right... Trump was exonerated and you can't accept the facts. Sorry you are unable to. 

Just now, slipperypete said:

Like this conspiracy theory? https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article245030145.html

Presumably this results in at least a 25% capacity reduction of the Charlotte mail sorting facility (25-28 machines before this change, 7 taken offline, so 25-28% if all machines operate at the same ppm rate). 

You seem to like setting of straw men, like "post office shutting down." Nobody here has made that claim. You are propping up a silly notion and then pointing and saying "hey guys, that's so silly."  I agree with you.   

Please try and read the article..

Sorting machines have been removed from service across the country, and a spokesperson for the agency has said that the practice is normal amid shifting trends in mail.

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

I'm not the one insinuating "Dictator" Trump is taking away absentee ballots, you are. Which is basically a ... conspiracy theory. Oh good gosh, "Dictator" trump met with the postmaster this month, they must be scheming something like Trump was with Putin. 

I am not insinuating anything, and there is no conspiracy theorizing happening here. I am working from what donald has clearly stated he is doing. I think if the president says he is trying to suppress mail in voting, we should take that seriously. Do you disagree?

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3

Just now, kermit said:

I am not insinuating anything, I am working from what donald has clearly stated he is doing. I think if the president says he is trying to suppress mail in voting, we should take that seriously. Do you disagree?

You can still get your absentee ballot. If pelosi wanted universal voting, she should have included it in her first and second bill.  Talk about poor planning from Pelosi.

Why can't a healthy individual go to the voting booth that practices social distancing and mask usage? Is "Dictator" trump stopping you?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, urbanlover568 said:

Please try and read the article..

So the spokesperson for the agency alleged to be involved in this action should be taken at face value?  We have an independent press so that investigations can be done, and multiple press organizations are reporting an ongoing mail backlog.  

You seem to prefer to deflect and insult rather than answering straightforward questions, such as:

3 hours ago, slipperypete said:

At what point do you think this would be a problem?  If there is an ongoing mail backlog as has been reported, do you think it's totally normal and reasonable that mail sorting capacity is being taken offline in cities across the country? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Trump wasn't exonerated by the first investigation and literally just YESTERDAY a bipartisan Senate report said his campaign was guilty.

Five of the panel’s seven Democrats countered that the report “unambiguously shows that members of the Trump Campaign cooperated with Russian efforts to get Trump elected.”

In other news 1+1 = 2 

3 minutes ago, slipperypete said:

So the spokesperson for the agency alleged to be involved in this action should be taken at face value?  We have an independent press so that investigations can be done, and multiple press organizations are reporting an ongoing mail backlog.  

You seem to prefer to deflect and insult rather than answering straightforward questions, such as:

At what point do you think this would be a problem?  If there is an ongoing mail backlog as has been reported, do you think it's totally normal and reasonable that mail sorting capacity is being taken offline in cities across the country? 

Tin Foil Hat – Archie McPhee

3 minutes ago, urbanlover568 said:

Yes, the conspiracy theories are crazy.

The president Explicitly said he planned to manipulate the mail to suppress votes. This is not a conspiracy theory.

Are you OK with donald disenfranchising overseas military voters? 

• Like 3

Y'all youngsters in here have no real life experiences of seeing a dictator. Like during the cold war. Anyways im neutral and independent minded and trust me potus is no dictator lol. Voter suppression is not happening, the cut backs at usps were enacted during the Obama administration. These closings and removing of sorting machines has been going on for 10 years and were already pre planed. The press and the hard left are just throwing smoke in mirrors and Trump is doing what he does and that's trolling it. Btw i know what i speak of i work at the postal service. Y'all open your eyes and minds and don't be so quick to yell fire in a crowded theater 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kermit said:

^ yep, can’t argue with that. You are the man!

(and you are clearly unable to explain away the presidents statement about voter suppression)

In fact he's declined to answer pretty much every direct question. Waste of time, ignore!

• Like 1