Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

You've proved over and over again that it's a waste of time having a conversation with you. Go practice your witty teenage memes and shallow thoughts on the entertainment tonight site or something. You can only insult people for so long before they reply in kind. I don't like getting personal here but you've repeatedly shown yourself incapable of polite discourse. I hope everyone will follow the "don't feed the troll" advice as I'm pretty sick of reading your crap. You have made intelligent arguments in other threads so am loathe to block you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

You've proved over and over again that it's a waste of time having a conversation with you. Go practice your witty teenage memes and shallow thoughts on the entertainment tonight site or something. You can only insult people for so long before they reply in kind. I don't like getting personal here but you've repeatedly shown yourself incapable of polite discourse. I hope everyone will follow the "don't feed the troll" advice as I'm pretty sick of reading your crap. You have made intelligent arguments in other threads so am loathe to block you.

If im such a "troll" why reply? Typical Democrat crap of trying to silence those who they don't agree with. 

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] either for the troll's amusement or a specific gain." From Wikipedia.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick2 said:

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] either for the troll's amusement or a specific gain." From Wikipedia.

If im such a "troll", why reply again? Typical Democrat crap of trying to silence those who they don't agree with. 

More looting in Minneapolis again: 

And a store owner struggles to figure out next steps after his business is burned down:

“It’s tough, you know. This is a business that my parents started 40 years ago. Small, out of their garage. It was a small business. They did it just to make a few extra dollars, and eventually, it grew.

Thirty-one years ago, they bought this building and so we’ve been here ever since. They’re very upset about it. It’s emotionally hurtful, but we didn’t do anything to anybody. Why did we deserve it?”

9 minutes ago, urbanlover568 said:

If im such a "troll", why reply again? Typical Democrat crap of trying to silence those who they don't agree with. 

Awww poor snowflake can't handle getting owned by a libtard. Go watch some Faux news and eat a well done steak. Your dear leader blocks people on Twitter who are mean so why don't you do the same on here?

9 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Awww poor snowflake can't handle getting owned by a libtard. Go watch some Faux news and eat a well done steak. Your dear leader blocks people on Twitter who are mean so why don't you do the same on here?

Again replying to a "troll" and "snowflake" now.  And Faux news and a well done steak eater also I guess.

Edited by urbanlover568

Carlson is human scum. I have to hope the backlash on his most recent outrage will lead to an O'Reilly moment at FOX. Doubt it though given his ratings and the fact Fox news is the most biased major network anyway. 

As an aside, In several recently released independent studies only OAN and Infowars are more biased in either direction than FOX. PBS maintains it's leadership in scope of content and lack of bias.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/08/27/tucker-carlson-defends-kenosha-teena lack of biasge-vigilante-shootinger/5641248002/

Edited by elrodvt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rant ahead warning.

I hate hate our two party system and it will be this countries downfall, which has already started, way before Trump.  If I had to pinpoint a date it would be 1994 but has only quickend and hastened  in the last 25 years.

I truly despise both parties.  I vote democratic only because have no other choice.  Policy wise I agree 75% with them and at most 20% with Republicans positions.  This is BS though as the Dems are incompetent and take good policy and turn it into the nanny state.  On the other hand you have republicans who I do actually believe are racist, corrupt, old white men.   What kind of choice is this.  I mean seriously.  

For the first time I will be vote splitting this November.  Dems at federal level, NC general assembly, judges, school boards.  Republicans for city/county and NC governor.   

We are all screwed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

Republicans for city/county and NC governor.   

We are all screwed.

Even though Forest wants us to all go maskless (because its a hoax) and says there is no reason not to reopen schools? He wants to Brian Kemp us.

EDIT: I don't think he used the word hoax, my apologies. He did incorrectly say masks were useless in stopping the spread of a virus.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, kermit said:

Even though Forrest wants us to all go maskless (because its a hoax) and says there is no reason not to reopen schools?

I think the mask mandate is fine and needed, idk the context or lack there of to his hoax comment. I'm sure was said for a particular audience and shinning example of the depth of the problem.  I think if he was governor we would still have the mask mandate.

On the school front we can agree to disagree, but I also think they should be open.  This was more a local decision, not governor directly 

Our impeached "leader"asked North Carolina voters to all commit felonies while he spoke in Wilmington today.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump suggested that people in North Carolina should vote twice in the November election, once by mail and once in-person, escalating his attempts to cast confusion and doubt on the validity of the results.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-encourages-north-carolina-residents-vote-twice-test-mail-system-n1239140

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

On 9/2/2020 at 7:13 PM, kermit said:

Our impeached "leader"asked North Carolina voters to all commit felonies while he spoke in Wilmington today.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-encourages-north-carolina-residents-vote-twice-test-mail-system-n1239140

Which is, by every standard, a felony and illegal.  Hopefully the word is out to logical and sane people that you cannot vote twice in an election.  Never in my life have I seen such a furor over an election process!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Interesting type in antifa.com and see what Presidential candidate it goes to and not sure if it this a tacit endorsement of Antifa or what.  I will let you debate it.   Very strange times indeed.

The magnetic strip on my antifa ID has stopped working on the lobby elevator so I have not been able to see my admin to ask about my Minneapolis travel reimbursement from May. I need a new travel approval too or else my soup is gonna go bad.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, kermit said:

The magnetic strip on my antifa ID has stopped working on the lobby elevator so I have not been able to see my admin to ask about my Minneapolis travel reimbursement from May. I need a new travel approval too or else my soup is gonna go bad.

I was Platinum Gold Elite from flying with the Antifa corporate account to all the rallies but my year just started over so now I'm back to stuffing my soup cans into the overhead bins in coach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I was Platinum Gold Elite from flying with the Antifa corporate account to all the rallies but my year just started over so now I'm back to stuffing my soup cans into the overhead bins in coach.

Delta allows you to check your first bag of soup free when you use the REVOLUTION discount code. American really needs to step up and add this perk, I can’t do another Hartsfield layover, especially now that the AMEX/Antifa lounge stopped doing free liquor.

Edited by kermit

^Were you on that plane only Trump knows all about which was full of thugs wearing black and carrying gear to attack the police?

What a fricking idiot. Worse yet what an idiot the 30% of americans who actually believe this crap. I'm sure some are mentally ill but where did others go to school? Liberty?

• Like 1