Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

45 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I was Platinum Gold Elite from flying with the Antifa corporate account to all the rallies but my year just started over so now I'm back to stuffing my soup cans into the overhead bins in coach.

Have you gotten your July Soros check yet? My supervisor says its probably stuck in the mail, but at this point I think I may need to check with payroll about it.

Edited by kermit
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, kermit said:

Have you gotten your July Soros check yet? My manager says its probably stuck in the mail, but at this point I think I may need to check with HR about it.

Mine came last week after I called The Rothschilds about it. They blamed it on the USPS cutbacks but I think it was delayed because they're so scared of Trump and his big strong muscles.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tommy Tillis letting donald’s “dead veterans are losers” remark slide seems like electoral suicide (let alone immoral) in our military heavy state. I guess the ‘you don’t have to wash your hands’ guy made his calculation.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:09 PM, KJHburg said:

Interesting type in antifa.com and see what Presidential candidate it goes to and not sure if it this a tacit endorsement of Antifa or what.  I will let you debate it.   Very strange times indeed.

I did some digging on this. Bidens campaign and Democrats have absolutely nothing to do with this.

The domain is owned by namecheap which is technically an American company based out of Phoenix. But many of their head officers come from Ukraine and Russia. Do with that info what you will.

Technically anyone could own the domain. But actual antifa related groups haven't controlled it in years. There is no way of finding out who individually owns it at this time unless namecheap came out with the info (they've already commented that they won't) or the owner comes forward.

An educated guess would say this is done by someone who wants to hurt Biden by drawing additional links to antifa that don't exist.

Edit: it's almost certainly manipulation by someone pro trump. Be it an individual or maybe even Russia helping Trump again. There are multiple new social media accounts posting this "crazy new link between antifa thugs and sleepy Joe Biden" and the posts are being shared like wildfire.

Edited by Nick2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, elrodvt said:

^Pretty easy to fool the average sheep. You can bet they'll never hear of this on FOX and probably wouldn't care anyway. 

It's already been on OAN talking about Biden supporting anarchy with this antifa domain name switching to his site and how he wants to take everyone's belongings...

Fear mongering at its finest.

• Like 1

Meanwhile at home  our NC House representative has something to say:

I would still like to hear what Tillis, Bishop and Forest have to say about donald’s opinions of the military. Their silence forces me to assume they are supportive of donald’s perspective.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have to ask why The Atlantic would report such a biased article

ImageImage

Who are these unnamed persons?

Trump and McCain never got along.

trump-mccain.jpg

IMO the Iraq War(The war President Bush stated) was wrong and based on false intelligence. Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction. This left a power vacuum which ISIS seized and wiped out almost 500K people. Same with the Vietnam war. There was no need to engage these countries. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers would still be alive today if we did not engage in those wars. War should always be the last option. 

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile in Charlotte, our NC senate rep weighs in:

Still just silence from the repubs running for office...

Does the dead US soldiers are losers remark really sound that far fetched? The story has been independently verified four times, including once by faux news.

https://twitter.com/timwilliamsart/status/1302254579803975681?s=21

Edited by kermit
  • Like 4

Does the "dead American soldiers are losers" remark From Trump really sound that far fetched? The story has been independently verified at least four times, including once by Faux News (video is below). We also have donald on video dissing John McCain's service record ("he's no hero" and also called him a "loser" https://www.axios.com/trump-john-mccain-veterans-military-31f469be-c217-491c-8bed-e68ec2ab2e99.html )

Then we have this image to fall back on. When someone (repeatedly) shows you what kind of person they are, you should believe them.

5424CAFD-05D3-4730-908C-A1997BB62180.png

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The new Veteran Treatment Court Coordination Act directs the Justice Department to support the development and establishment of veterans treatment courts at the state, local and tribal levels.

At more than 400 veterans treatment courts across the U.S., vets with substance abuse issues or mental health conditions who commit nonviolent crimes may enter court-supervised medical treatment and get access to veteran-centric services and benefits in lieu of going to jail.

The law will encourage the development of a grant program to expand these courts across all 50 states.

The Ryan Kules and Paul Benne Specially Adaptive Housing Act of 2019 expands the program to include blind veterans and raise the maximum funding veterans can receive from $83,000 to $98,000. The bill also will let eligible veterans access the funds six times, instead of three, and gives them access to the full amount every 10 years -- a provision that will let them change residences as their needs change.

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

Actually the first bill mentioned was introduced by Rep Charlie Crist D-FL, the second one was bi-partisan.    Don't think the President would commit a political mistake of vetoing these two bills! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

It's starting to look my dad's youtube feed with these articles and twitter posts being shared by a certain someone. That's a bad thing.

On 8/26/2020 at 6:24 PM, Nick2 said:

Guys come on... responding to him is just making him feel validity. This jerk isn't worth the time it takes to try to reason with him.

:lol: Bless your heart!