Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

2 hours ago, Phillydog said:

National....

If Trump loses NC - it's because of Cooper.  Same for Tillis.  The NC Democrats may have read the population much better than the DNC by focusing about  Medicare, Social Security....  People in rural NC know that hospitals are closing because the state did not expand Medicare.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phillydog said:

If Trump loses NC - it's because of Cooper.  Same for Tillis.  The NC Democrats may have read the population much better than the DNC by focusing about  Medicare, Social Security....  People in rural NC know that hospitals are closing because the state did not expand Medicare.  

Or not....  :)

14 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Must be actual Tyrone Wiggum alias guy, not some rando proxy sit-in who likes meat.

6:15pm edit: Must be accepted by poll closing time, cause ya know...

Well, even though I missed your reply deadline, I very clearly owe you  a meal involving Hite and Bulgogi.  

On my Mount Rushmore of bad takes, this one is now carved in.  Very clearly Independents didn't break nearly as hard for Biden as the polls indicated, and more Dems went for Trump than reported.  

On a positive note, Bulgogi!

• Like 2

I don't agree - if Biden gets in, even if courts are involved, it's a big win for the country being able to move forward. 4 more years of this mess and we're going to be pretty deep in the hole. Just this month i think we officially pull out of the climate change agreement. ;-(

I do worry about how the fringe nuts will react but I think a bad reaction would be inevitable even if a blow out. They'll just act however Trump and Tucker tell them to.   

Hopefully some "normal" republicans will stand up and put down any of Trump's BS. If the party doesn't back him then I'm not sure he would have the wherewithal to proceed. Wishful thinking probably!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

Well, even though I missed your reply deadline, I very clearly owe you  a meal involving Hite and Bulgogi.  

On my Mount Rushmore of bad takes, this one is now carved in.  Very clearly Independents didn't break nearly as hard for Biden as the polls indicated, and more Dems went for Trump than reported.  

On a positive note, Bulgogi!

I think agreement is that with Bulgogi, everyone is a winner.

Not sure my counterparty risk here, given I thought there was previous mentions of Chicago or something.

Otherwise, any Friday post black Friday* works.

*I'll be busy at hand-hand combat for $1 towels at Wal-Mart all day.

Last night was a bad night for America. The House went Blue, The Senate went Red, and the Presidency went Blue. We are almost exactly where we started. At least Biden can maybe reduce the tariffs that has caused everything to skyrocket and reverse the environmental harmful EO's. But that's about it. We will be gridlocked for 2 or more years with the house turning Red in 2022 with zero progress. 

5 hours ago, kermit said:

even Mississippi now has medical marijuana....

sup NC?

Oregon legalized Mushrooms also! The drug war is at a end. 

I was checking Georgia voting this morning and was struck by something. Gerogia has reported 4,908,000*votes tabulated with 60,000 remaining plus late arrivals, provisionals etc.

North Carolina this morning reports 5,458,000 with same issue of later arrivals. The late arrivals will not change this comparison. NC had half a million more voters with a state population of 130,00 fewer (US Census, July 2019). What a turnout for Carolinians.

*NYTimes vote tracker. No other source could change this much

Edit:  census shows more under age 18 in Georgia but nowhere near enough to make this kind of difference in votes/voters..

Edited by tarhoosier

Anyone believe if the final vote tallies show Trump has lost the election,  kicking him out the whitehouse will be akin to getting all the crab grass out of the yard.  Of course only Dems commit voter fraud and of course the count should continue in states where Trump is losing and stop in states he is winning.   If he loses the election and all of the frivilous fraud law suits get debunked, he's still going to egg on his brainwashed delusional base to protest, etc. etc.   This is brazen cult of personality and will take quite a while, if ever, to recover from Trumpism.

Pre-Trump,  the GOP mindset was already stoked with baseless conspiracy theory and deep state narratives  and Trump only heightened these crazy beliefs.   They're  convinced of this silent majority notion and that "Men in Black" are esoterically controlling the national messaging.  Such a fragile state of mind and very difficult to grasp the concept of democracy...you win some, you lose some and the referee doesn't give a damn who wins.  

• Haha 1

Does anyone listen to the Right wing media?  I decided to tune in today -- it's like an alternative universe.    Limbaugh actually said, "look at a map of the United States, it's mostly Red.  The Democrats only win in a few places in communities, not counties, along the coasts."  Wow, he actually referred to the national Red/Blue map as "proof" that most Americans are Trump supporters.    Wow.

Edited by Phillydog
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Ok I'm pretty pissed that georgia will go blue and not NC. Anyone else?

I think Stacy Abrams deserves every single bit of credit she's getting for really activating a massive swath of Georgia electorate that had simply been sitting out of elections. She fired them up in 2018 and managed to hold that momentum, and its going to be really interesting to see if that holds up through the January special elections for the 1 or 2 Senate special elections. 

Dave Wasserman hit the nail on the head, I think, with this hot take: 

• Like 4