Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

Some folks here have some serious hannity blinders in place. 

Whatever though, I don't agree anyone should get arrested or anything for filing suits. Unless it is contempt of court for lying and/or filing frivolous suits. However, if their baseless, and inflammatory, comments lead to the poor boys or other gop "Q" degenerates hurting someone well they need to wear that stain to their grave. And never, ever, hold public office again. It's really obvious how this could potentially end up with situations similar to pizzagate.  It's  also quite amusing to watch the GA officials state they wanted Trump to win while at the same time decrying these ridiculous suits. I mean how do you reconcile supporting someone you also feel is dishonestly bilking the american public? Surreal. 

• Like 2

Bill Pascrell, Jr. on Twitter: "Today I’m calling on House leaders to refuse to seat any Members trying to overturn the election and make donald trump an unelected dictator. https://t.co/icTmGKCpuR" / Twitter

I'm sure our conservative posters would support this effort, since preventing duly elected officials from taking office via legal and constitutional means is acceptable. Right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TCLT said:

Frivolous and meritless.

SCOTUS tossed Texas' absurd suit.

Do they not realize he simply lost the election.  No fraud, he got beat, good fashion by the way.    Trump has claimed fraud for years, even when he lost to Cruz in Iowa during the 2016 primaries.  This is his modus operandi used as a ploy to mask his inability to deal with defeat.  He's bloviated conspiracy theories starting with Obama and birtherism,  a hallmark trait of many gullible people on the right who have an insatiable appetite for tabloid and gossip untruths.  It's a sickness that manifested D Trump and will linger for quite a while since the party's ideological principles of small government and fiscal responsibility were hijacked by the extreme underbelly of conspiracist. 

The are going to foolishly destroy the very thing they claim they're  trying to save just to maintain power....crazy.  Go home, regroup, rethink, get better, then get back in the race.  I thought that was the American way?  Instead, it's all the refs fault....No!  Rethink the game plan.  Election fraud isn't real, it is unreal as the abominable snowman and the "kraken"....fictional characters created by some  half beat writer.

Edited by Durhamite
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Exile said:

And seriously, treason and/or sedition?

What about this statement from the Texas GOP?  Sounds like some light flirting with secession.

They have proclaimed…the revolutionary doctrine that there is a "higher law" than the constitution and laws of our [country], and virtually that they will disregard their oaths and trample upon our rights…And…by the…vote of the seventeen…States…they have elected as president and vice-president of the whole [country] two [people] whose chief claims to such high positions are their approval of these long continued wrongs, and their pledges to continue them…For these and other reasons, solemnly asserting that the federal constitution has been violated and virtually abrogated by the several States named, seeing that the federal government is now passing under the control of our enemies to be diverted from the exalted objects of its creation to those of oppression and wrong…we the…[GOP]…of Texas…[suggest]…dissolving all political connection with the government of the United States of America.

Oh shoot, my bad, that's excerpts from the Declaration of Causes. Below is the actual quote from the first link. Texas conservatives are just as seditious generations later just significantly less eloquent.

The Supreme Court, in tossing the Texas lawsuit that was joined by seventeen states and 106 US congressman, has decreed that a state can take unconstitutional actions and violate its own election law. Resulting in damaging effects on other states that abide by the law, while the guilty state suffers no consequences. This decision establishes a precedent that says states can violate the US constitution and not be held accountable. This decision will have far-reaching ramifications for the future of our constitutional republic. Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope everyone realizes this is is simply a fund raising exercise for the Trump mafia. They know they'll loose but are milking the ” base” for every dollar they can to support Trump 2024.

True, the GOP leadership knows they’ve lost. But they actually convinced their base that they didn’t. These people are willing to shatter trust in our system, push our democracy to the breaking point, stoke partisan division, and risk violence all so they can maintain their power and fleece gullible idiots. But this shouldn’t really be a surprise since they were (and are) willing to let Americans die of Covid for perceived political gain. There really do need to be severe consequences for their behavior.
  • Like 3

On 12/9/2020 at 9:03 PM, elrodvt said:

^Why?

Since I'm in Gaston County, McHenry is the only one who represents us.  Jackson would be a different part of the state.  Unless I'm getting types of positions mixed up.  I forget who does what.  But I do watch who is supposed to represent me on the ballot and make sure that if they don't I vote in the opposite way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Durhamite said:

Do they not realize he simply lost the election.  No fraud, he got beat, good fashion by the way.    Trump has claimed fraud for years, even when he lost to Cruz in Iowa during the 2016 primaries.  This is his modus operandi used as a ploy to mask his inability to deal with defeat.  He's bloviated conspiracy theories starting with Obama and birtherism,  a hallmark trait of many gullible people on the right who have an insatiable appetite for tabloid and gossip untruths.  It's a sickness that manifested D Trump and will linger for quite a while since the party's ideological principles of small government and fiscal responsibility were hijacked by the extreme underbelly of conspiracist. 

The are going to foolishly destroy the very thing they claim they're  trying to save just to maintain power....crazy.  Go home, regroup, rethink, get better, then get back in the race.  I thought that was the American way?  Instead, it's all the refs fault....No!  Rethink the game plan.  Election fraud isn't real, it is unreal as the abominable snowman and the "kraken"....fictional characters created by some  half beat writer.

I agree 100%.  This is basically an abuse of the courts time and abilities since we (including Trump and everyone still supporting him) all know he is incapable of accepting any defeat (i.e. loss).  He has no way of accepting, acknowledging or admitting any type of defeat/loss in any way, shape or form.  He is whipping up his minions with such demagogue-like rhetoric, and they are eating it up like starved dogs.  To me, I see this as an outright assault on American democracy.  NEVER in my life have we seen an outgoing president (1 term or not), be so unrealistically angry and ignorant of the facts.  Count, recount and recount have proven one thing.  He did NOT win.  I say suck it up and try to go out gracefully, but that door has closed.

My greater concern is that in four more years, he tries to pull this stunt one more time.  And as I have mentioned in this thread before, and as Durhamite mentioned above, the GOP was hijacked by Trump and they still don't know how to right the ship.  They need to start getting their $hit together NOW so we do not have to go through this insanity in three more years when the election cycle and campaigning starts for 2024.  This country should be much better than this.  Honestly.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

Since I'm in Gaston County, McHenry is the only one who represents us.  Jackson would be a different part of the state.  Unless I'm getting types of positions mixed up.  I forget who does what.  But I do watch who is supposed to represent me on the ballot and make sure that if they don't I vote in the opposite way.

Jeff Jackson is a current North Carolina State Senator in Raleigh. He has announced he is considering running for the U. S. Senate in Washington. Name of office is same but level and location is different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/12/2020 at 12:25 PM, tarhoosier said:

Jeff Jackson is a current North Carolina State Senator in Raleigh. He has announced he is considering running for the U. S. Senate in Washington. Name of office is same but level and location is different.

I apologize  - let me clarify what I meant by "us."  Us are those in the western part of the state from Gaston, Lincoln, Cleveland Counties and several others to the west.  In all honesty, I should know more about how this works, but sadly, I do not.  I may have fallen asleep during civics class way back when!  If i have the opportunity to vote for Jeff, I most definitely will!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@TCLT, Agreed! Dude is bat-crap crazy.  But 70%!! GOP actually still think he won. Along with MANY elected officials. Personally, I'm done thinking about it. These are people's with either NO morals and/or very Low-IQ's. I haven't found anyone willing to debate the GOP position. Has anyone else?

I just hope he doesn't spill blood. That letter from former Defense Secretaries gave me chills.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kermit said:

add Richard Hudson to the list of anti-democratic a-holes:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article248248770.html

Don't misunderstand these asshats, they are saying that legal votes should be tossed out simply because their feelings were hurt -- more than 60 different court decisions have said the trump campaign has insufficient evidence to support their claims. I wonder how many Cabarrus county residents are good their elected representative attempting to subvert the Constitution? These guys need to get laughed out of the room for the remainder of their political lives when they invoke any of the following: "law and order", "the Constitution", "patriotism" "will of the people" or "voter fraud"

We just need a comprehensive list of NC representatives who are in the same camp as him.  REMEMBER THEM THE NEXT ELECTION!  Sedition.  Some of these idiots need to read the definition of that word and let it sink in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JRNYP2C said:

We just need a comprehensive list of NC representatives who are in the same camp as him.  REMEMBER THEM THE NEXT ELECTION!  Sedition.  Some of these idiots need to read the definition of that word and let it sink in.

• David Rouzer
  • Madison Crawthorne
  • Richard Hudson
  • Ted Budd

^ The NC reps who have said they will  participate in the congressional protest to against the constitutional  right of states to run their elections without federal interference.

• Richard Burr has said he will not participate in the protest
  • Thom Tills has not made his position on democratic values (as they relate to this protest) clear

Quite a few other republican NC reps (including Dan Bishop) signed in support of the Texas lawsuit which sought to disenfranchise voters by tinkering with Pennsylvania election law a month ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 1/4/2021 at 5:51 PM, kermit said:
  • David Rouzer
  • Madison Crawthorne
  • Richard Hudson
  • Ted Budd

^ The NC reps who have said they will  participate in the congressional protest to against the constitutional  right of states to run their elections without federal interference.

• Richard Burr has said he will not participate in the protest
  • Thom Tills has not made his position on democratic values (as they relate to this protest) clear

Quite a few other republican NC reps (including Dan Bishop) signed in support of the Texas lawsuit which sought to disenfranchise voters by tinkering with Pennsylvania election law a month ago.

I had heard about Hudson, and Crawthorne does not surprise me in the least.  If anyone looks at his Instagram account, he is the epitome of an elitist, privileged frat boy.  By no means am I demeaning him for being in a wheelchair.  Hopefully, he turns out to be a one and done phenomenon in the political landscape.  Even the counties he represents do not truly deserve such inexperience.  Maybe I will be shown to be incorrect in my mindset down the road.....

Thank you Kermit for providing the names!!

• Like 2