Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

On 1/5/2021 at 6:39 PM, JRNYP2C said:

I had heard about Hudson, and Crawthorne does not surprise me in the least.  If anyone looks at his Instagram account, he is the epitome of an elitist, privileged frat boy.  By no means am I demeaning him for being in a wheelchair.  Hopefully, he turns out to be a one and done phenomenon in the political landscape.  Even the counties he represents do not truly deserve such inexperience.  Maybe I will be shown to be incorrect in my mindset down the road.....

Thank you Kermit for providing the names!!

Traitors one and all.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SMSRedux said:

Please quote any statement of mine you believe an apology is owed for or warrants slandering me as a "fool". What happened yesterday was a tragedy and I do not agree with.

Sure. Such interesting allegations. Look how swimmingly it played out.  3 apologies please.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, SMSRedux said:

If you read the lawsuit, its quite different than what many seem to believe and portray it as. Attempting to shut down the due process of our judicial system or decry treason of those who pursue lawful means of contest is not the right answer. Let it play out, hopefully the details will be looked into properly and we can move forward with greater confidence which benefits us all. 

On 12/11/2020 at 1:25 PM, SMSRedux said:

The allegations are an interesting read as well.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, SMSRedux said:

Chastising such pursuits of judicial due process as treason or sedition is however an attempt to discredit, condemn and stifle such approaches which in turn could be viewed as an attempt to shut them down.

I stand by all of the above comments.

Stating something is interesting does not a fool one make.

Do you believe any of the above specifically was false, if so what and why and I'd be happy to debate courteously and intellectually without name calling. Don't conflate past comments about the potential pursuit of legal due process through the means of our established judiciary system with what happened yesterday. Apples and Oranges.

Here is a list of the NC representatives who actually voted to overturn the will of the voters by objecting to certified election results without any legally-validated evidence of wrongdoing.

• Dan Bishop
  • Ted Budd
  • Madison Cawthorn
  • Virginia Foxx
  • Richard Hudson
  • Gregory F. Murphy
  • David Rouzer

https://www.yahoo.com/news/here-are-the-republicans-to-voted-to-contest-the-electoral-college-votes-showing-biden-beat-trump-183653431.html

Edited by kermit
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, kermit said:

Here is a list of the NC representatives who actually voted to overturn the will of the voters by objecting to certified election results without any legally-validated evidence of wrongdoing.

• Dan Bishop
  • Ted Budd
  • Madison Cawthorn
  • Virginia Foxx
  • Richard Hudson
  • Gregory F. Murphy
  • David Rouzer

https://www.yahoo.com/news/here-are-the-republicans-to-voted-to-contest-the-electoral-college-votes-showing-biden-beat-trump-183653431.html

This is not unprecedented (not saying its right or not). This also took place with objections from the Democrats to certify the 2000, 2004 & 2016 elections. This is the means with which our elected officials are provided to seek further verification of our voting process (whether we like it or not). 

Edited by SMSRedux

On 1/7/2021 at 12:40 PM, TCLT said:

Sure. Such interesting allegations. Look how swimmingly it played out.  3 apologies please.

You're becoming unhinged.

But, in a (probably vain) attempt to reassure you, I'm not a Trumpist and, like SMSRedux, I was addressing the judicial process.

Maybe think before you type.

On 1/8/2021 at 2:53 AM, gman430 said:

Hey, don’t bring me into this. I definitely do NOT support or condone anything in regards to the riot that happened at the Capitol on Wednesday. I do however fully support arresting and filing charges against these idiots that caused it. The people that broke in and caused mayhem should be ashamed of themselves especially now that several people including a police officer are dead from it. 

And no I don’t think the election was stolen or some sort of conspiracy theory either. Biden won fair and square. Trump should have conceded and declared him the winner months ago. 

I actually ended up voting for Biden. Can't even even be Independent now I guess. 

• Like 1

This is defamation and your post has been reported. 

[mention=1]Neo[/mention] 

[emoji1787]

Ooh big boy knows the word defamation. This isn’t even your real identity and you’re accusing defamation. Hilarious. Shoulda gone with slander like [mention]SMSRedux [/mention]even though it was written and not spoken. You guys are jokes. If you’re still around with your post history I’m not too worried about consequences from calling you guys out.

21 minutes ago, TCLT said:

emoji1787.png

Ooh big boy knows the word defamation. This isn’t even your real identity and you’re accusing defamation. Hilarious. Shoulda gone with slander like [mention]SMSRedux [/mention]even though it was written and not spoken. You guys are jokes. If you’re still around with your post history I’m not too worried about consequences from calling you guys out.

Bye, Felicia | How your voices are making a difference – INDIVISIBLE AUSTIN

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Starting a conspiracy theory isn’t hard. The riot was done by North Korea to distract us from their plot to attack Egypt and steal King Tut. See?

Somewhere in the PRK, fearless leader is saying, "nu-uh! it was them antifas trying to make us look bad!"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gman430 said:

Starting a conspiracy theory isn’t hard. The riot was done by North Korea to distract us from their plot to attack Egypt and steal King Tut. See?

I agree but there seems an inordinate amount of GOPers who gravitate to conspiracy theories like a magnet, that have staying power, and develop into a  mass worship  of the ring of the creator.  Then, toss in some contorted  Biblical spin with it...and there you have it, a full blown cult-speak with underground symbols, codes and all.  It's not that conspiracy theories don't develop, foster and foment on the left, but usually they fizzle out rather quickly.  For instance, did Russia interfere with 2016 elections?  Absolutely, but that's not why Hillary lost the election....it was her inability to focus and campaign in key swing states and the private email server October "surprise",  Though some liberals made noise about the untimely confluence of events, deep down, they knew it wasn't the reason she ultimately lost.    Trump tried a wash, rinse and repeat cycle with the Hillary thing via Hunter Biden,  but it's akin to running the same play  a couple of times before the defense picks up on it, no luck this time...Barr wasn't having it so that never gained traction outside of the cult world.  Trump lost because of  his inability to properly address C-19, plain and simple, especially when he lost a lot of the older crowd who were/are the most impacted.  The  election fraud lie  was much known  by many high level GOP high rank and file, a lie Trump has been spewing for years, yet they let this thing spin out of control....tough to reign it in now to have any chance of getting back to  conservative ideology principles or  "normalcy".

Edited by Durhamite
  • Like 3

This is very alarming.

https://welovetrump.com/2021/01/09/nye-gop-chairman-expect-trump-to-be-inaugurated-on-jan-20th-and-these-other-8-markers-over-next-12-days-2

1. Expect the emergency broadcast system to be activated. The FCC just recently released a memorandum speaking to the requirements under Federal law to send messages from the president to the public. See this link
  2. Expect confusion. We are in a battle for our republic against elites that are attempting the very coup that they are accusing Trump of doing. In battle, there will be disinformation but know that plans are being fulfilled.
  3. Expect high profile arrests to take place over the next 12 days and at any time. You may wake one morning to find someone in high office is no longer there.
  4. Expect this to be a bumpy ride to the very end. This is not a television show where things are resolved in 45 minutes.  
  5. Expect more bombshell evidence to be released between now and Jan. 20th.
  6. Expect some sort of internet blackout or outage: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Gmail are likely going to be affected. If you don’t have alternate forms of communication established now, it would be a good idea to start forming them even if it’s just checking on your nextdoor neighbors.  
  7. Expect Trump to be inaugurated on Jan 20th!
  8. Expect the executive order from 2018 and/or the Insurrection Act to be enacted. This DOES NOT mean martial law. Remember that we have been under a state of emergency since 2018 which gives the president many powers to act.

https://welovetrump.com/2021/01/09/nye-gop-chairman-expect-trump-to-be-inaugurated-on-jan-20th-and-these-other-8-markers-over-next-12-days-2

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

This crap is getting out of hand. What I'm most frightened of is the Nazis failed a coup attempt 10 years before hitler's rise to power. I'm wondering a more competent alt-right nationalist is going to surface and be more successful. Trump has already shown that his followers will blindly follow him over a cliff if he says to. Reality be damned with these people.

I'm hoping we're just viewing the death throws of an outdated and monstrous way of thinking fading into obscurity and not a symptom of something worse to come.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 5:31 PM, TCLT said:

emoji1787.png

@TCLT You just sent me a PM stating that I and other moderators on this site are cowards and that rules aren't enforced as we care more about allowing the free speech of conspiracy theorists and racists than not. Your exact words were:

"Your site guidelines disallow hate speech and inappropriate material as much as it disallows antagonizing. Be better."

Now let me ask you, should I truly enforce those same rules against this post?

None of NC's GOP House representatives voted for impeachment 2.0. It appears that encouraging the overthrow of our lawfully elected government (which violates the oath of office that both donald and the congressional reps swore to) does not apparently rise to the status of an impeachable offense.

This begs the question, what is an impeachable offense in their eyes?

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article248474540.html

Edited by kermit
  • Like 4