Jump to content

Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here


kermit

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Check out the crowd Tariq is proudly hanging with (this image is from his twitter). Something makes me think he has decided to follow the McCrory trajectory of rapidly increasing radicalization. Sharing a stage with seditionists is going to make it much harder for him to sell Charlotte as a site for fintech investment.

(perhaps I was mistaken when I originally perceived him to be a moderate in the Mayor Pat sense)

73AEFB76-2DEE-4187-A9DB-1B8C172547D1.jpeg

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 hours ago, rancenc said:

North Carolina's political landscape from another era!

https://www.ourstate.com/the-1970s-a-political-sea-change/

Jessie Helms was something else.  I was in Chile in 1976 as an exchange student.. One night while I was watching the news a "special guest" came on to be interviewed. That guest was Jessie Helms.  Of all people. I guess he was on some kind of junket, but in those days he was part of the Nixon/Kissinger cabal that saw to it "communism" would be defeated in Chile. Guess he was sort of following up on that. At any rate, I'll never forget the poor translator trying to understand his garbled country colloquialisms. ...."We have a sayin' in our pawt of the country.....blah, blah, bla...."   and the poor translator just had to wipe his brow of the sweat pouring down.  

Edited by Windsurfer
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


22 hours ago, DMann said:

Not to mention a large part of the rest of the state

True story...  shortly after being laid to rest in Raleigh's Historic Oakwood Cemetery. the private, non profit cemetery banned dog walkers.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Wow, Psychiatrist speaker at Yale advocates Genocide. 

 

Psychiatrist invited to Yale spoke of fantasies of shooting white people

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-nyt-yale-psychiatrist-shooting-white-people-20210607-6bu54qqttze6bgn3wtgb6vncpq-story.html

 

Quote

I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way, burying their body, and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step. Like I did the world a fudgeing favor.  (Time stamp: 7:17)

This is the cost of talking to white people at all. The cost of your own life, as they suck you dry. There are no good apples out there. White people make my blood boil. (Time stamp: 6:45)

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-psychopathic-problem-of-the-white

Edited by urbanlover568
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

image.thumb.png.a7ce7d47528d41f27c884cf0fd34d6c3.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has—a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which ‘white’ people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic easy of being in one’s body, in one’s mind, and in one’s world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts’ appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness’ infiltrated appetites--to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning (‘never again’) or as temptation (‘great again.’) Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure. " -Dr. Donald Moss

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/00030651211008507

Edited by urbanlover568
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

"Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has—a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which ‘white’ people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic easy of being in one’s body, in one’s mind, and in one’s world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts’ appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness’ infiltrated appetites--to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning (‘never again’) or as temptation (‘great again.’) Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure. " -Dr. Donald Moss

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/00030651211008507

Sounds like Mr Moss's article might have some correlation to this 2016 study in India on that country's historical caste system. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/skin-colour-tied-to-caste-system-says-study/articleshow/55532665.cms

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, rancenc said:

Sounds like Mr Moss's article might have some correlation to this 2016 study in India on that country's historical caste system. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/skin-colour-tied-to-caste-system-says-study/articleshow/55532665.cms

Where in the articles does it say White people have incurable parasites in their mind as Dr. Donald Moss spoke about? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a discussion in another thread that drifted into the facebook syndrome of smaller town natives maintaining their smaller town views and failing to develop over years or change and those who move discover their former friends, neighbors, classmates are of a small mind, if I may be allowed to say. 

I abandoned facebook five years ago due to the syndrome they describe and my Indianapolis classmates and neighbors and long ago left behind friends had the same responses and thinking described in that Asheboro thread. My strongest memory is of a good friend of mine from adolescence and high school who went to Purdue University. He was asking for assistance on facebook for those who could help him with information about Lexington KY. His daughter married a firefighter and was moving there. His comment was that he had spent his entire life (minus college dorm years) in Washington Township, Marion County, Indianapolis Indiana. His attitudes represented the blinders such a life would provide. Can you imagine?

Point being: It is not solely a smaller town experience.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

There is a discussion in another thread that drifted into the facebook syndrome of smaller town natives maintaining their smaller town views and failing to develop over years or change and those who move discover their former friends, neighbors, classmates are of a small mind, if I may be allowed to say. 

I abandoned facebook five years ago due to the syndrome they describe and my Indianapolis classmates and neighbors and long ago left behind friends had the same responses and thinking described in that Asheboro thread. My strongest memory is of a good friend of mine from adolescence and high school who went to Purdue University. He was asking for assistance on facebook for those who could help him with information about Lexington KY. His daughter married a firefighter and was moving there. His comment was that he had spent his entire life (minus college dorm years) in Washington Township, Marion County, Indianapolis Indiana. His attitudes represented the blinders such a life would provide. Can you imagine?

Point being: It is not solely a smaller town experience.

This is very similar to what I experienced in Pittsburgh with people I grew up with.  And part of the myopic view of the world that was one of the driving factors that made me move.  I know people that are in their 50's that after their parents have either passed, or downsized, moved in or bought their parent's house just so they can stay in the house they grew up in.  They hang out with the same people all the time, vacation together (big time in Virginia Beach or Dirty Myrtle), and seem to never separate.  PGH is not a small town, but the suburbs have been very provincial and lend themselves to be islands among themselves.

For those of us that either got a chance or created the opportunity to see the rest of the country (or world for that matter), realized that there is so much more than Western PA.  Don't get me wrong here.  I have an affinity for my hometown, and go to visit my family once a year.  But I have no burning desire to move back.  PGH has definitely grown in the 20 years since I moved away, and I do see FB comments about boomerang people that left and just missed it so much they had to move back.  I fell in love with Charlotte in 1989 and knew in the back of my mind I would end up here at some point.  I like it here too much now!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.