Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

10 hours ago, ruraljuror said:

Are you under the impression that only liberals get abortions? 

I'd bet that the vast majority of people getting abortions have no particular political affiliation. After that, I'd guess the next largest population of abortion-seekers are those who oppose (or are surrounded by people who oppose) birth control and sex education.  I guess we'll find out as we now enter the 'be careful what you wish for' part of this clown show that you seem to be cheering on for some reason.

I wasn't referring to just the abortion ruling but also the second amendment and miranda right ones. All of those issues tend to swing liberal or conservative depending on what side of the fence you're on. Oh and it's funny seeing members of Congress who approved these new justices now screaming mad. LOL. What did they honestly think was going to happen? 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, gman430 said:

I wasn't referring to just the abortion ruling but also the second amendment and miranda right ones. All of those issues tend to swing liberal or conservative depending on what side of the fence you're on. Oh and it's funny seeing members of Congress who approved these new justices now screaming mad. LOL. What did they honestly think was going to happen? 

They thought, rightfully so, that they'd get re-elected. Collins in Maine knew what was going to happen with Kavanaugh, she's just putting on a little drama in order to have her cake and eat it too.

• Like 4

On 6/25/2022 at 11:16 AM, Windsurfer said:

They thought, rightfully so, that they'd get re-elected. Collins in Maine knew what was going to happen with Kavanaugh, she's just putting on a little drama in order to have her cake and eat it too.

That's why Chuck Schumer was an idiot for discouraging Susan Rice from challenging Collins bc Rice would've beaten Collins at the ballot.  Schumer is a moron for manipulating the 2020 US Senate race against Jeff Jackson to allow Cal Cunningham to be the nominee.  Jackson should've been the 2020 Democratic nominee against Tillis. The same Tillis who said the restaurant food service workers shouldn't be mandated to wash their hands after using the restroom....

https://www.fox46.com/news/tillis-restaurant-workers-hand-washing-should-be-up-to-business/

Tillis is disgusting. Who says something that unsanitary? 

• Like 4

On 7/1/2022 at 5:55 PM, rancenc said:

Glaring statistics from Chicago in that city's wave of violent crime so far this year.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-homicides-data-tracker-20220426-iedehzuq5jdofbhwt3v2w6cjoy-story.html

And the news today is (as of 3pm on 7/4) six dead and at least a dozen wounded in an affluent suburb of Chicago.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

All 8 of North Carolina’s GOP House Representatives voted against interracial & same-sex marriage equality yesterday. 

Hopefully the senate passes the bill or there’s a real possibility the court overturns marriage equality and NC could start banning the types of people who can be married. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

All 8 of North Carolina’s GOP House Representatives voted against interracial & same-sex marriage equality yesterday. 

Hopefully the senate passes the bill or there’s a real possibility the court overturns marriage equality and NC could start banning the types of people who can be married. 

Or it will continue to expose these bigots and people will come out and vote against their bigoted asses.  I think Democrats might be able to knock off at least one of those bigots in addition to getting the new 14th district seat.

I'm not holding my breath on the US Senate. Bozo the Clown's sister with the cheap Party City wigs who pretends to be bisexual when it's convenient also known as Kirsten Sinema and Manchin trifling ass won't do anything but help the GOP obstruction in there.

Edited by kayman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

similar findings 
https://tntribune.com/memphis-nashville-chattanooga-make-2021-list-of-top-100-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-u-s/

If you want looting, rioting, crime. Look no further than say Nashville, TN or elsewhere besides Seattle, New York, San Francisco, etc which gets wildly outsized hate relative to other cities that aren’t “woke” libtards. It effects. Charlotte to as other NCers will refer to it as being crime ridden, etc. I don’t think it’s helpful to parrot narratives that are rooted in anti-liberalism ideology rather than truly be being worried. Or else, people would be more focused on St Louis or Nashville.  

Interesting that only two NC cities wind up on the list at all. Monroe at #75 and Fayetteville at #91.  Based on this, Charlotte, NC Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout Charlotte's 8.06/1000 for violent crime and a 1 in 116 chance of experiencing violent crime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davidclt said:

Interesting that only two NC cities wind up on the list at all. Monroe at #75 and Fayetteville at #91.  Based on this, Charlotte, NC Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout Charlotte's 8.06/1000 for violent crime and a 1 in 116 chance of experiencing violent crime.

True. But I think “Charlotte” has sort of an image problem among certain portions of Charlotteans (South Charlotte/Ballantyne) and other North Carolinians. Notably, as demonstrated by the crime graph below. 

7964321D-BFA3-4B66-894D-3631820939FC.thumb.jpeg.ff9a8d4bd527d90d702b1a8a3bf36849.jpeg

• Like 1