Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

• 5 weeks later...

There is a billboard on I-85 north right before you enter the NC line from SC that says “abortion is legal in North Carolina.” That’s hilarious seeing how it’s more legal in South Carolina than in North Carolina. In fact, SC allows abortion up to 22 weeks which I am pretty sure is the most lenient out of any state in the southeast. North Carolina needs to grow a damn spine like South Carolina, Kansas, Nebraska, and Kentucky have done and keep abortion legal. Time to vote out the pro life idiots. Oh and it’s not about whether you’re a Republican or Democrat. It’s about doing what’s right. These women are Republican and are standing their ground: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unexpected-women-blocking-south-carolina-142351689.html

Edited by gman430
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 1:31 PM, gman430 said:

There is a billboard on I-85 north right before you enter the NC line from SC that says “abortion is legal in North Carolina.” That’s hilarious seeing how it’s more legal in South Carolina than in North Carolina. In fact, SC allows abortion up to 22 weeks which I am pretty sure is the most lenient out of any state in the southeast. North Carolina needs to grow a damn spine like South Carolina, Kansas, Nebraska, and Kentucky have done and keep abortion legal. Time to vote out the pro life idiots. Oh and it’s not about whether you’re a Republican or Democrat. It’s about doing what’s right. These women are Republican and are standing their ground: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unexpected-women-blocking-south-carolina-142351689.html

About that South Carolina spine....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-carolina-senate-passes-6-week-abortion-ban/ar-AA1bBeeA?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=332ce6347f9b4b4397d4e526d4ef8940&ei=18

13 minutes ago, eastsider said:

Yep. We still live in the south after all. Sad but not surprising. Old white men telling women what they can and can’t do with their body…what a time to be alive. :( 

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 3:40 AM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Trump Federal Indictment - Anyone care to offer their 2 cents on the matter…

Tired of hearing about his crimes until he actually has to answer for them. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Rich people with connections don't abide by the same laws as normal people unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2023 at 8:38 PM, Nick2 said:

Tired of hearing about his crimes until he actually has to answer for them. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Rich people with connections don't abide by the same laws as normal people unfortunately.

Yes, Hillary is the perfect example of one with connections. I believe Trump should be treated fairly if found guilty and prosecuted appropriately along with Hillary, Biden, and all the other criminals.  I do hope that they don't jail Biden until Harris is dead or out of the scene.  

Edited by Larry Singer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Larry Singer said:

Yes, Hillary is the perfect example of one with connections. I believe Trump should be treated fairly if found guilty and prosecuted appropriately along with Hillary, Biden, and all the other criminals.  I do hope that they don't jail Biden until Harris is dead or out of the scene.  

According to republicans between 2017 and 2021:

• Sitting presidents can’t be indicted
  • If sitting presidents do anything wrong they can just pardon themselves (even preemptively)

Surely you would not have a problem applying either of these two concepts equally to Biden. Would you? Wouldn’t you agree that, based on these donaldisms, Biden can’t be prosecuted along with donald. Why are you suggesting that would be appropriate?

But let’s not pretend that the espionage and obstruction allegations against donald are at all similar to the others you mention. Biden is currently under investigation by a special council and there is absolutely no suggestion that any obstruction was involved (nor were violations of the Presidential records act). It certainly looks like Biden’s actions were similar to Mike Pence’s who was cleared of criminal wrongdoing. Do you think Biden’s case is materially different from Pence’s or Pence’s absolution was an error?

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kermit said:

So, it sounds like our esteemed Speaker of the NC House (Tim Moore) has been poking the wife of former Charlotte Mayoral Candidate (and long time Charlotte politics utility infielder) John Lassiter. The divorce petition indicates the affair lasted nearly four years (including at Moore’s very urban condo on the 33 floor of the PNC Tower) and involved occasional group sex with others seeking ‘political favors’ from Sneaker Moore. It also sounds like Moore paid someone to install cameras on Lassiter’s property without Lassiters permission.  When Lassiter confronted Moore (at a Biscuitville!) Moore asked if “there was anything he could do” to help Lassiter — how about some transit funding for Charlotte John!

https://dailyhaymaker.com/complaint-speaker-timmy-a-wife-stealer/

Family values indeed.

[I guess the Onion (three posts up) has really good sources, because I would assume that position to be one of Tim’s favorites]

Edit: It appears this is a different John Lassiter than the former Charlotte politician. My apologies for the conflation.

Wowwww. 

Vaguely Knowing Tim Moore (really my mom does & all the townies in Kings Mountain) this is hilarious. People in Kings Mountain treat him like a king, it’s no wonder he’s so pointedly disinterested in any other opinions but his own. He’s surrounded by people who inflate his ego. 

• Like 1

Kermit now has an avatar that is from the STM or Societé  Transports de Montréal. It appears on passes and cards for bus and rail and metro fares. Not the same as the indicator of the Metro entrances and stations. In French Societé means "Company". Company and society are words that mean a grouping of people and in these cases a business sense

• Like 2