Graduate Hotel, 12 stories, 2000 West End Ave., 203 rooms, 5,500 sq. ft. retail/restaurant, 7,500 sq. ft. conf. center

markhollin

21 hours ago, downtownresident said:

I don’t have a picture, but it looks like they’re done digging, as crews are installing parts of the tower crane. 

Guess that was a lot faster (and cheaper?) with the limited amount of parking.

59 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I have not been up to Nashville since they cleared the site for this building; so I'm not sure how big the footprint is. Does it take up the lot that the old Jack in the Box was on? 

The old Jack in the Box is still there. This is going where the Taco Bell and Checkers were. 

Edited by downtownresident
Corrected spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Yikes!!! The Loews is really ugly!  All the appeal of a grounded ocean liner. It could not have been designed any less welcoming from the street. 

The hope is that it will eventually be swallowed up in a sea of walkable urbanity so it won’t be as glaring. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 8:11 AM, MLBrumby said:

Yikes!!! The Loews is really ugly!  All the appeal of a grounded ocean liner. It could not have been designed any less welcoming from the street. 

Grounded ocean liner is so accurate for that design. They should change the name to the Titanic.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...