Bonnaroo 2017

Flatrock

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would hold a fest in early spring or late fall in addition to roo...........like they said they would .....................10 freakin years ago.

I hate the direction the festival has gone in the last 7+ years but I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend.

I'd love to go to Bonnaroo one of these days.  I love the eclectic and diverse genres represented in the lineup.  One day.  Until then, I'll just have to 'settle' for Lollapalooza, Riot Fest, Pitchfork, North Coast, Spring Awakening, Ruido, Ravinia, Mamby, Chosen Few, Milwaukee Summerfest...and others. ;) We like our festivals in Chi.  

11 hours ago, claya91 said:

Bonnaroo 2017 was a huge success! Great atmosphere! Great Line-up!

Glad you enjoyed! Great weather this year, too. Cage the Elephant killed. Loved seeing U2 (for the 1st time). Now fighting my annual Bonnaroo sinus infection.....oh well...I hate getting old.

6 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Agree. Great time. My first time.But I think I might have cheated. Went with my buddies with our teenagers. We stayed in three RVs. At 46, I'm too old to do the tent thing. I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did. 

If you bring tents and plan on seeing the late night acts, don't expect to sleep. The sun comes roaring up at 530 in the morning and things heat up quick. Running on 2 or 3 hours of "sleep" definitely added to the grunchy-ness of Bonnaroo I wanted to experience. That being said, I'd opt for an RV if I went back.

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 10:55 AM, MLBrumby said:

We stayed in three RVs. At 46, I'm too old to do the tent thing. I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did. 

Cheating?  Oh he!l no, it's called SURVIVAL!  We always stay at a hotel in Manchester. Usually about 12 of us - all respectable business men and women by day - and Bonnaroo groovin' hippies 3 days/year. I'm 56 and the 3rd from oldest in the group - which ranges from 35 - 60. Love the vibe. :tw_glasses:

Archived