Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

6 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

If this thing is 65 floors then please, by the grace of God, do not have that triangle design. It sounds hideous. 

I would like something like Wilshire Grand Center.

image.thumb.png.74705267876c33bf431aee8f2cad3990.png

I mean, this isn't horrible. 

Architect for DEC2 is either HKS or TVSDESIGN can't remember which.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Windsurfer said:

This looks like something from 1969 to me.  World Trade Center, Wachovia, Catholic building on S. Mint. etc.

Most of the cladding fell off it because I was up there one summer and they were recladding it.  The harsh winters and hot summers did a number on it.  But the building to the left a maybe LOL 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JBS said:

What is this?  Not an actual rendering (I assume a building somewhere else).  I would 100% take this!

That is the Chongqing World Financial Centre. I visited there a couple of years ago and it's a really nice part of the skyline especially at night. If anyone is interested in the cyberpunk aesthetic; which I love, you should make it a priority to visit Chongqing.  If Charlotte could have a little more of the gritty chaos and neon lights that is  Chongqing, Charlotte would be such an exciting place and definitely stand out among other American cities.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, drawscape said:

If Charlotte could have a little more of the gritty chaos and neon lights that is  Chongqing, Charlotte would be such an exciting place and definitely stand out among other American cities.

Adding 25 million people would help too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtmonk said:

Let's be easy on Aon Center, while the design might not be that complex, it is still beautiful in its own right.  

Yea, someone above knows absolutely nothing about well.... anything. Aeon Center is 1100 feet of Carrara Marble, not sand blasted f.u.c.k.i.n.g styrofoam or whatever Legacy Union is (its finished concrete and EIFS, and maybe two floors of stone, hell the crown is even plastic)

4 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Just my opinion, the Aon center is Ugly and the fact that theres an even worse version of it in LA makes it worse. Now let's get back to topic!

I feel like your post totally wasn’t sarcasm, then you pretended like you were being sarcastic once those laugh reacts started to accumulate. 

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

If there was a scenario where they were moving the tower from Chicago into Charlotte, I’d sacrifice myself to stop the process. I hate that tower. Sorry you feel that way.

I’d be willing to make that sacrifice. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yea, someone above knows absolutely nothing about well.... anything. Aeon Center is 1100 feet of Carrara Marble, not sand blasted f.u.c.k.i.n.g styrofoam or whatever Legacy Union is (its finished concrete and EIFS, and maybe two floors of stone, hell the crown is even plastic)

Well I haven't seen it up close, but from the vantage point of that photograph, it's sterile and fugly.  

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You mean until an official announcement ?
If so, not too terribly long to wait.

That’s just what I’ve heard, things are moving again and we could maybe expect some information by Fall. Whether than info is a leak, or an announcement I do not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That’s just what I’ve heard, things are moving again and we could maybe expect some information by Fall. Whether than info is a leak, or an announcement I do not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, we may get an official leak as early as Fall ? :)