Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

There was some speculation rumor another tenant may join in like Bank of America did anyone hear anymore about that.   If that happens Katie hold the door for I then believe it would be the new tallest.  Another anchor gives Duke cover too.  Even though we know they need to consolidate their space in uptown they will be attacked relentlessly for doing any kind of "new" building. 

• Like 1

This is completely random, but I feel like Duke might have missed a golden opportunity to announce this tower yesterday during  the various uproar over Trump/Putin and the RNC in CLT debate.  If they fear bad publicity, the news would have been partially buried for a few days at least.  Anybody have any new info?  Maybe it is just summer time, but I feel like UP has gone kind of cold the last week or two.

This is one of the largest and closest tailgating lots to the Panther's stadium.  Tailgating is going to become very interesting (City of parking deck tailgaters lol I'm just partially kidding).  But seriously, with Duke taking this, FNB taking that last little corner, Gateway will develop all those empty lots, and every other developer snatching up prime lots, it's honestly going to make tailgating, lets just say unique.  Not saying in a bad way, but compared to a lot of other stadiums with massive amounts of lots around them, def going to be different.  It already has started and I love seeing it...but bc lots are diminishing Uptown, tailgating is getting pushed further out from the core radius around the stadium, into other neighborhoods, Southend/Morehead etc.  Creates different pockets of tailgating and integrating different neighborhoods is pretty cool seeing that on gamedays.  The argument for a cap over 277 or at least the rail trail bridge is crucial for connectivity, as more and more lots get developed.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

This is one of the largest and closest tailgating lots to the Panther's stadium.  Tailgating is going to become very interesting (City of parking deck tailgaters lol I'm just partially kidding).  But seriously, with Duke taking this, FNB taking that last little corner, Gateway will develop all those empty lots, and every other developer snatching up prime lots, it's honestly going to make tailgating, lets just say unique.  Not saying in a bad way, but compared to a lot of other stadiums with massive amounts of lots around them, def going to be different.  It already has started and I love seeing it...but bc lots are diminishing Uptown, tailgating is getting pushed further out from the core radius around the stadium, into other neighborhoods, Southend/Morehead etc.  Creates different pockets of tailgating and integrating different neighborhoods is pretty cool seeing that on gamedays.  The argument for a cap over 277 or at least the rail trail bridge is crucial for connectivity, as more and more lots get developed.  

Once this lot is gone I think the prime tailgate lots would be behind the stadium on Cedar Street and the lots around Mid Night Diner in South End. Tailgating is a big part of the game day experience to a lot of people. I would like to see more big tailgate parties like the Roaring Riots or The Dog House. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

I am curious to how well that will age structurally, but that is actually really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as shoddy as Chinese construction is and I have seen it myself this will be a teardown in a decade or so.   Noticed they said they only run the waterfall for a few minutes per hour due to high electric costs. 

• Like 2