Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

I will cry if it's not version 1, I just pray they have a change of heart. However, that is unlikely and I will forever mourn that design hahaha somewhat kidding.

Being pragmatic, I'm looking forward to seeing the redesign, let's hope it's as good or better than V1.  And I surely hope the 28 stories of parking is underground lol

EDIT: seeing version 1 is going be like thinking you're getting a certain present for Christmas and then getting socks. Still good but a bit disappointing. 

Edited by CLT704
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

V1 does look nice.

To beat a dead horse. I thought there was prior discussion on this but I'm having a bad search day. What is the rumored parking solution?

its completely unclear. no idea. no obvious parking deck. so maybe buried.

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

its completely unclear. no idea. no obvious parking deck. so maybe buried.

If Duke is having this building developed for themselves, I have to think they would be pushing for underground parking as a long-term tenant.  Hell, at least one of the four foundation walls is already there: the DEC entrance underneath the Gantt Center.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ric0_0 said:

It seems like Duke will deliver another big tower for ya'll. I wish I coud say that, but all the big companies in Atlanta have gone stubby.

Atlanta is the darndest thing. Exploding with construction, yet struggling the penetrate the 500’ envelope.

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

My relative who works at Duke is on the way out and is in full IDGAF mode.  Apparently, plans for the 28 story parking deck were scrapped after I spilled the beans yesterday, so the design has been completed in an entirely different style,at great expense, at the last minute.  Behold:

Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër?

In reality, I think they would just move the neon sculpture off 526 S Church onto this building. Saves money that way. 

trigger warning! a møøse once bit my sister in Sweden. realli!

Funny.   I can't wait to see the real rendering.   The BofA tower on N. College is basically a box with one rounded corner, yet it looks great, and Ally/Tryon is a box with a beautiful façade, which will look great.   Even if, in fact, this turns out to be a simple shape, I think it will look very nice.  That being said, I'm not convinced that it won't have a unique shape or a crown of some sort.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, j-man said:

Any city that has a population greater then Charlotte. (metro). But yeah thats what I meant. Charlotte is on the rise. 

Any? Phoenix, Detroit, San Diego, Tampa, Baltimore, St. Louis ???? We already have a bigger skyline than many cities bigger than us and the gap will only widen as we have way more towers going up than places like Tampa and Phoenix. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Any? Phoenix, Detroit, San Diego, Tampa, Baltimore, St. Louis ???? We already have a bigger skyline than many cities bigger than us and the gap will only widen as we have way more towers going up than places like Tampa and Phoenix. 

image.png.fe09b79875cc9987be81440bd923d05e.png

Yea just imagine all the pink completed. Nashville & Austin cannot compete with that, and guess what, we aren't done with announcements boys and girls.

Edited by Guest

53 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

You're missing my point. I'm saying Charlotte is not a contender for the places that it already hasn't passed. Like Atlanta, Boston,  Philadelphia. Key word. contender. 

51 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.png.fe09b79875cc9987be81440bd923d05e.png

Yea just imagine all the pink completed. Nashville & Austin cannot compete with that, and guess what, we aren't done with announcements boys and girls.

will 10 tryon really be that noticeable? lol 

6 minutes ago, j-man said:

You're missing my point. I'm saying Charlotte is not a contender for the places that it already hasn't passed. Like Atlanta, Boston,  Philadelphia. Key word. contender. 

its 190 feet tall. 

13 minutes ago, j-man said:

I think Charlotte can be mentioned in the same breath as Boston. Theres not AS many buildings, but its not doing too terrible. 

Edited by Guest