AP3

Charlotte Metro Tower | 40 Story Duke Energy Tower

On 3/20/2019 at 4:54 PM, CLT704 said:

As someone who knows very little about zoning and development filing, how long is it until permits are approved? 

Bump, as I have no shame.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Bump, as I have no shame.

its completely unpredictable in my opinion. I've never been able to discern a pattern. Its like designing a logo, your first thought is almost never approved, theres always changes. I can confirm that 646 height tho.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Just don't feel a single bit of momentum. Would be nice if a local person had more than a 10% (maybe less) stake in it. Peebles walked away from something similar in Miami. And Don Peebles seems more interested in Donning a bright red tie, on whatever news network will let him bloviate about the president, the economy, etc. I guess he also ran for NYC mayor. I missed that one haha, despite living here. hmmm and he lives her. I'm going to invite him out to drinks and grill him.

If he comes over, without a red tie, you know you don’t rate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Looks like it was designed by the 3D Designer, not an Architect. 

Like for instance, I've been designing this in my spare time. I'm definitely not an architect lol.

image.thumb.png.0588271776ee8eac8601936197021e07.png

Unfortunately many developers like to cut corners and don't want to put money into exceptional designs. The make a product, get their money out of it and move on.

As far as your design. Some would argue it'd better than the rendering I posted lol.

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, flat4inrc said:

The wheels have falling off the wagon in this thread so OT emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we think if we keep talking about other stuff on this thread something magical will appear to get us back on topic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

we think if we keep talking about other stuff on this thread something magical will appear to get us back on topic.

Can you blame us with the rate things are coming together these days ?

• Like 1

Didn't snap a pic, but they have a drill rig on the parking lot today.  I would assume taking samples 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

any more specifics on the plans 

The plans on Accela appear to be scheduled for approval on/by Wednesday April 10 and then they should be clickable, no?

Edited by CLT704

3 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

The plans on Accela appear to be scheduled for approval on/by Wednesday April 10 and then they should be clickable, no?

rarely works that way, but I wouldn't doubt it in this case. Since its time sensitive. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Didn't snap a pic, but they have a drill rig on the parking lot today.  I would assume taking samples 

Yep, just walked by and noticed that

37 minutes ago, CTiger said:

I saw they were setting up something when I walk through the site. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Clemson16 said:

Most of the parking lot now closed off and they were drilling/piling with a single machine in the center of it.

Here we go.

• Like 2

Are they doing soil testing still? If so can someone catch the company? Friend works for Terracon, maybe he can get assigned to this site and I can get some insider info ;)

Are they doing soil testing still? If so can someone catch the company? Friend works for Terracon, maybe he can get assigned to this site and I can get some insider info 

Haha they have grading and foundation permits, they are passed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1