Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

Is it bad I’m just really waiting for [mention=17104]ricky_davis_fan_21[/mention] to return from vacation?

You can follow my vacation on Instagram, @claydoughcooks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/29/2018 at 3:28 PM, CLT704 said:

Does anyone know if Wells Fargo wants more space in the power tower? 

My understanding is that Wells is slowly exiting Uptown and moving everyone to CIC or Ballantyne.  Unless you are truly customer facing, the high rent district ain't for you!  Plans are to expand 2 - 3 more buildings in Ballantyne.  They have been rehabbing CIC for a few years now and have some additional space across Harris Blvd.  So, long term, I doubt Wells will have a huge presence Uptown.  Now, if rumors of moving the headquarters here from SF become a reality, that may change.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

The original post last week that got this topic rolling was this is could be bigger than we thought and maybe the tallest n town.  When Childress Klein accidentally released some information it was 35-40 stories.  The number to beat is 871 feet.   The Williams Tower by the Houston Galleria is 901 feet tall 64 stories and under 1.5 million sq ft.   Given that Duke leases over 1 million sq ft in uptown alone between the 400 South Tryon, DEC and Nascar Plaza not to mention the space the old Duke building on S Church St (the concrete bunker)  Those floorplates on the Williams Tower are about 23,400 a piece.  I am not saying this is how tall it would be or anything close to the design but just an example of a building that could be the new tallest and sized for Duke to consolidate their uptown footprint.  It might just be slighter taller a just a few more floors than BofA CC to beat it and really only 20 or 25 floors than originally proposed but slimmer.  Very exciting indeed. 

My photo of the Williams Tower from March 2017

DSCN0276.JPG

But we want it to be at least 1024 feet tall.  So, can you make that happen?  Maybe slimmer? Or two spires ala original The Vue Plans? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

But we want it to be at least 1024 feet tall.  So, can you make that happen?  Maybe slimmer? Or two spires ala original The Vue Plans? ;)

Yes I forgot we have to beat the ATL.   I think Duke if they are building a new HQ they need to have a light show on it daily and yes a tower and I can dream an open observation deck like this one in LA LA land at the US Bank Tower downtown Los Angeles.  (glass slide is optional)  KJ photos from Oct 2016  (no that is not me at the bottom of the slide) 

DSCN7023 (1).JPG

DSCN7027 (1).JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, JRNYP2C said:

My understanding is that Wells is slowly exiting Uptown and moving everyone to CIC or Ballantyne.  Unless you are truly customer facing, the high rent district ain't for you!  Plans are to expand 2 - 3 more buildings in Ballantyne.  They have been rehabbing CIC for a few years now and have some additional space across Harris Blvd.  So, long term, I doubt Wells will have a huge presence Uptown.  Now, if rumors of moving the headquarters here from SF become a reality, that may change.

Maybe the move for current employees out to Ballantyne is to make room for the HQ in the high rent district.  :tw_astonished:  Roll up the Mayflower Moving vans in the middle of night like the Baltimore Colts....  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

Now Wells Fargo is moving their HQ here? Every day this forum surprised me in new ways. 

I would be floored if that actually happened. I could see all their top execs operating out of Charlotte and Charlotte being the defacto HQ but not the official HQ. Similar to BOA being headquartered here despite most of the big wigs now residing elsewhere.