Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

18 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

South Tryon. Still plenty north of 7th.

Will we get an unofficial rendering or at least a description before March?  I infer from your statement earlier that developers and tenants like boxes that you have some insight into what will rise here.

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Will we get an unofficial rendering or at least a description before March?  I'm inferring from your statement earlier that developers and tenants like boxes that you have some insight into what will rise here.

That seems to be the natural progression based on what I drew a few pages back. Started tall, rounded and word class, then got boxy and short, but still nice, now per a couple other posts after mine, the building is making its was back up to around 42-45 floors.  Also, Absolutely not before march. Per the developer March 1st at the earliest. Probably closer to April.

10 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That seems to be the natural progression based on what I drew a few pages back. Started tall, rounded and word class, then got boxy and short, but still nice, now per a couple other posts after mine, the building is making its was back up to around 42-45 floors.  Also, Absolutely not before march. Per the developer March 1st at the earliest. Probably closer to April.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Do you know if there will be a crown or is the top flat?

your guess is as good as mine, I'm unaware what currently design is.

- pretty sure CK, Duke or TVS is aware we are talking about it here though – 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I find it funny that major property developers follow an internet forum, albeit a good one.  Don't these guys have better things to do?  I look here when I take breaks from work or at night. 

Why not? Lincoln Harris would have been well served to read/incorporate some feedback.  Obviously, 75% of people on UP think they went with lazy/outdated architecture (though I am excited about seeing the pyramid at night).  

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I find it funny that major property developers follow an internet forum, albeit a good one.  Don't these guys have better things to do?  I look here when I take breaks from work or at night. 

speaking that the last major skyscraper that the architect designed in downtown Charlotte was leaked by an Urban Planet user who worked at Kinkos in like 2007, and it was picked up by all the major media outlets in Charlotte, it would behoove them to read it. Plus if I was an analyst, and I wanted to know what was up in CRE, what better place than the pages of Urban Planet, where it is collated for your viewing and discussing pleasure.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But developers want to make money, and they really don't care what we think.  I can't imagine that Johnny Harris and Crescent care what we think about their towers.    They care about cost and tenant interest.

I'm not suggesting they come here to seek our opinions on their developments. I'm saying there are urban planning skyscraper and architecture nerds of all walks of life. @Conformity for instance, is a huge part of Brooklyn Village, and in the early 2000s he took a select group of Urban Planet people on a hard hat tour of his development Southborough while it was under construction. This site attracts lots of people who wish to discuss the change that they see in their community, and gain information from neighbors, industry professionals, designers, architects, journalist,  engineers, analysts, lenders, real estate people. I know people on this site that meet all those criteria. So when we aren't just yucking it up about Levine's First Ward being "abandoned building chic" there's a lot of useful information that can be gained here. 

Edited by Guest