Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

a possible design was leaked to me out here in Houston.  It is only slightly bigger 64 floors 901 feet tall carbon copy notice I said carbon of Williams Tower in Galleria area.  Waterwall optional but a good addition since Duke was founded on hydroelectricity.   (this is written in blue for anyone color blind)  part of the KJ listening tour. 

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

Finally! Photos of a skyscraper that aren’t framed diagonally! 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like Duke did a press event today at their new space in Optimist Hall as it’s now operational. They mentioned 400 as the number of employees working in that new space. I had no idea it was to be that large. For some reason I thought was way lower than that. Anyone know where these workers came from? Moved out of Uptown?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, navigator319 said:

Looks like Duke did a press event today at their new space in Optimist Hall as it’s now operational. They mentioned 400 as the number of employees working in that new space. I had no idea it was to be that large. For some reason I thought was way lower than that. Anyone know where these workers came from? Moved out of Uptown?

They moved from uptown mostly according to Duke person I know who is working out there.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, EllAyyDub said:

I hope they moved from that building next to the convention center so Duke can sell it to the city who can then build a big tall hotel.

Thats essentially a data center. They will move out of that location, but the limitation isn't employee headcount or lease, its actually purchasing new servers and physically moving them to a new location.

47 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

bit more info from another piece on the opening of the Optimist Hall space....The new tower is to hold around 3,600 employees  and of the 400 at Optimist Hall, 300 are permanent and 100 will rotate in and out as needed 

Do you know what the current Duke uptown headcount is?

12 minutes ago, dxartist said:

hot off the presses!  From the company website!

tower.jpg

This was close to the 2nd design I mentioned a month back or so. The only difference is the slanted roof. I think this looks much better if its going to be a box.

14 minutes ago, dxartist said:

hot off the presses!  From the company website!

tower.jpg

Link?

Looks great and it is a good companion to Duke Energy Center. The bottom left corner's unique facade is interesting compared to being all glass on the rest of the building. Also looks like they want their logo on it (understandable). This side of town will be logo land. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2