Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

On 12/10/2018 at 8:08 PM, King of the Queen City said:

The “four points” reminds me of Norman Foster’s original design for the new Two World Trade Center in New York City.

55189ACB-ED8B-4B63-AF94-CAE8FB22E466.jpeg

Looks like I called the slope in December and @KJHburg called the solar panels!

On 12/10/2018 at 8:27 PM, KJHburg said:

^^^ The diamonds in that design above could be solar panels what better for a huge energy company that has a huge renewables division. 

• Like 3

I like the design overall. Even though it's a box, it has a few flourishes to make it a little unique. I like the top of it and the separation in the glass down the sides. When do you think this will go public in the news? It hasn't hit the news......yet. LOL

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Will the roof be like 2 WTC or more like the Citicorp Tower?  I think the latter but don’t know.

That remains to be seen, and I’m not sure how much it will look like either of them... we need to see more renderings!

Edited by King of the Queen City
  • Like 2

I'm mostly interested in the strange white box at the lower left-hand side of the building and what they have planned for the street level.  The rendering is too small to really see any detail, but I remember some posters on here saying that there might be some sort of low-rise retail incorporated somewhere in the design.  

By the feature, do you mean the slanted roof, or is there something else that we can't see from the angle that's shown?

It’s more than a roof. Looks like decorative slanted glass panels.
0af8aa07f0cd25b1a41a6d257ee5df95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So initially I as a little disappointed that the top angle as facing toward the South East, but now that i see those panels. Which are not flat, they are angled slightly away from eachother. It looks like it will have a very very very cool textural effect.  Its going to be our own very cool Norman Foster knock off. 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

So initially I as a little disappointed that the top angle as facing toward the South East, but now that i see those panels. Which are not flat, they are angled slightly away from eachother. It looks like it will have a very very very cool textural effect. 

image.thumb.png.23330de5d7c9fbd28e975044f182c20c.png

So this is what I'm thinking front facing. 

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

Seems tiny next to DEC, like an apartment tower.

It’s probably not really to scale in what I posted. I’m just playing with it. DEC also looks fatter from that angle, so that might make a difference too, but it is the only angle we have of the new tower so far.

1 minute ago, King of the Queen City said:

It’s probably not really to scale in what I posted. I’m just playing with it. DEC also looks fatter from that angle, so that might make a difference too, but it is the only angle we have of the new tower so far.

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate your efforts!

• Like 1