AP3

Charlotte Metro Tower | 40 Story Duke Energy Tower

On 3/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

DEC is 786 feet and this looks to go around 5/6ths the way up DEC. So could be up to 650ft.

I was close lol.

I don't think they care too much about being 3rd, as they are already second. And as a legendary North Carolinian once said: "if you aren't first you're last"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice, so when adjusting for street level elevation differential, see this as 2' taller than LU1.

Oddly, College and 6th(Hearst) is 7' higher than Tryon between the church and Gantt Center.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CTiger said:

If 646' is accurate, its pretty good height.  Based on the info above about this being about the same as LU1 considering elevation, RDF was pretty spot-on with how this will look in the Charlotte skyline (If you rotate the tower 90 degrees).  

I really wish it pointed this direction in actuality. So it played directly off of DEC1. and this is my favorite view of the skyline so that angled parapet would have looked amazing. I'll take it though, if theres as much detail as it appears there might be.

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I really wish it pointed this direction in actuality. So it played directly off of DEC1. and this is my favorite view of the skyline so that angled parapet would have looked amazing

I am confused? which way does the angle slope?  I thought your image skyline rendering matched their rendering.

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

When will construction start?  Hopefully, this tower will have risen at least twenty stories by the time that the RNC occurs.

I think they said groundbreaking in April.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

I am confused? which way does the angle slope?  I thought your image skyline rendering matched their rendering.

I think they said groundbreaking in April.

Thanks.  So this tower likely will have risen at least 10 to 20 stories by the time that the RNC occurs.

9 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

The renderings indicate that it will be tallest on the side facing Tryon (DEC1) and shortest on the side facing College, so it will be sloping up and away from the camera in the above image.

• Thanks 1

Got.  I was looking at the rendering sideways, but I see that now.  I actually like the angle it is facing in actuality, because if there is any kind of special lighting scheme on the flat part of the slope it will make this viewpoint of the skyline even better.

Edited by J-Rob

Something about this perspective is throwing me off.  I need another angle.  I swear it looks like a cylindrical building being masked by two plates on each side to form a rectangular box.

• Like 1

Nice work as always RDF! Hard to believe how much more the Charlotte skyline will keep growing (UP) over the next few years. Love this building...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DMann said:

Looking at this new addition, and the forgone conclusion of the 1000 room Convention Hotel almost guaranteed at the Duke DataCenter site there is a tremendous amount of stuff popping up in that area.  Throw in all the LU stuff and WOW.

North Tryon needs to pick up the pace.

Not sure its a foregone conclusion...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks.  So this tower likely will have risen at least 10 to 20 stories by the time that the RNC occurs.

If construction starts this April, surely it will be taller than that by late August 2020.  Right?

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

• Like 3

Does that represent the actual slope of the roof?  If so, it looks good.

Also, will the sloped area of the roof be open (as per your diagram) or enclosed?

Edited by SydneyCarton

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Does that represent the actual slope of the roof?  If so, it looks good.

Also, will the sloped area of the roof be open (as per your diagram) or enclosed?

Just a best guess based on the public rendering.  To me it looks each side's pair of curtain wall elements continue past the flat roof and are supported by an exposed steel frame.  This would leave the south facing side open, visually. 

• Like 2