Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Greensboro has some beautiful old buildings and a great park.  It would be cool for it to get a new building.

I hate those stubby buildings. Too fat and short 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Don't know if it will be "561" since the city has decided to build its own deck next to his property. So there won't be a 20 to 25 story  tower on top of an 8 story parking deck. The project he is proposing now could be some sort of a midrise/ highrise but Project 561 on this site is doubtful. He'll have to build it next to his Center Pointe condo tower.
So this design won't get built. Originally had a tall spire on top 

DFyV7A.jpg.9db916c7493294981e651e1a6773037f.jpg

Gosh a tall building in a meadow, really is a weird ass setting for a rendering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've changed my mind. With all things considered and having a couple conversations. I'm actually going to go bold and say 1M sq feet. 40+ floors. 
• Duke Lease up December 31st, 2019. 
• Wells Expanding, might want to consolidate into DEC and get naming right back
• Agreement to not move jobs from Raleigh to Charlotte ending in a few years
• They could sell their building and land a 526 S. Church for a pretty penny. 4 acres in the heart of 3rd ward.
• Data Center's land lease is ending. 
So much. This could COULD Be big.
59386a40610db_ScreenShot2017-06-07at5_03_54PM.png.3904c1c5f5d149514c746ea3d1f3ea30.png

6/17/17
1M sq feet, 40 floors, sell data center, sell old duke, gonna be yuge

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Gosh a tall building in a meadow, really is a weird ass setting for a rendering.

Actually there are buildings and streets around it. I guess the artist thought it would look better with just trees lol

7 hours ago, cityboi said:

Actually there are buildings and streets around it. I guess the artist thought it would look better with just trees lol

oh I know there are! I just hope you guys don't get this building. You deserve a better looking building for a new tallest. Its just bizarre looking at a building not in the context of a city, it really screws it up.

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

oh I know there are! I just hope you guys don't get this building. You deserve a better looking building for a new tallest. Its just bizarre looking at a building not in the context of a city, it really screws it up.

You aren't the only one that has that opinion.

2 minutes ago, cityboi said:

You aren't the only one that has that opinion.

Looks like it was designed by the 3D Designer, not an Architect. 

Like for instance, I've been designing this in my spare time. I'm definitely not an architect lol.

image.thumb.png.0588271776ee8eac8601936197021e07.png

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Brooklyn Village article coming?

nah. Just had a slow day at work for the first time in 6 months. I don't think BV will be developed by Peebles, ever. So not worth my time.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

nah. Just had a slow day at work for the first time in 6 months. I don't think BV will be developed by Peebles, ever. So not worth my time.

Why not ? Too constrained ? More effort than it’s worth ? BV to languish for another decade ?

53 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm to the point where I don't think it gets done this cycle as well. Peebles is just d****** around

19 minutes ago, Dale said:

Why not ? Too constrained ? More effort than it’s worth ? BV to languish for another decade ?

Just don't feel a single bit of momentum. Would be nice if a local person had more than a 10% (maybe less) stake in it. Peebles walked away from something similar in Miami. And Don Peebles seems more interested in Donning a bright red tie, on whatever news network will let him bloviate about the president, the economy, etc. I guess he also ran for NYC mayor. I missed that one haha, despite living here. hmmm and he lives her. I'm going to invite him out to drinks and grill him.

Edited by Guest

39 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Bump, as I have no shame.

its completely unpredictable in my opinion. I've never been able to discern a pattern. Its like designing a logo, your first thought is almost never approved, theres always changes. I can confirm that 646 height tho.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Just don't feel a single bit of momentum. Would be nice if a local person had more than a 10% (maybe less) stake in it. Peebles walked away from something similar in Miami. And Don Peebles seems more interested in Donning a bright red tie, on whatever news network will let him bloviate about the president, the economy, etc. I guess he also ran for NYC mayor. I missed that one haha, despite living here. hmmm and he lives her. I'm going to invite him out to drinks and grill him.

If he comes over, without a red tie, you know you don’t rate.

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Looks like it was designed by the 3D Designer, not an Architect. 

Like for instance, I've been designing this in my spare time. I'm definitely not an architect lol.

image.thumb.png.0588271776ee8eac8601936197021e07.png

Unfortunately many developers like to cut corners and don't want to put money into exceptional designs. The make a product, get their money out of it and move on.

As far as your design. Some would argue it'd better than the rendering I posted lol.

Edited by cityboi