Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

This will fill a gap in the skyline from South Tryon at Woodlawn. 

ACDC1FB6-FC60-427B-8A74-8BAE5F651755.thumb.jpeg.a605c54a7642ae0d2b103cdc946bfaf8.jpeg&key=1bbbf50ba3400e48807bd7b1750d604aac27a0184f9d40589d98d073099dd6d5

With the setback from Tryon, dayum, beauty. Not to mention the diagonal will mirror DEC1. So cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

Yes....the text attached to the indicator pointing to the panels was cropped out, but it says "photovoltiac panels".

woohoo that means they'll power 1/2 of a floor! 

Honestly I'm less stoked on this tower than many on this board are.  To me it's just a glass box, a good looking glass box but still just a glass box.

Media Mesh is probably going to be my favorite aspect of the tower.  Wish we had more of that near the Epicentre (Media Mesh the blank Walgreens wall).  But question, from the rendering, there is a Penthouse level.  Just curious is that just stating rooftop/mechanical access or can that level be occupied? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sigma said:

I'm a bit confused by conflicting posts.  Is this 40/41 stories or 45 stories?  

I think people are counting the muntins. Its 41, I heard they were adding a 42, but now I wonder if thats true.

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, Dale said:

That’s actually shorter than the initial quote. I believe it was Lancer who said they’ve added 10 feet.

I also said I was hearing it got bumped up to 656. Keep in mind Legacy Union fluctuated between 612 and 656 through at least 10 RTAPs (Revistion to Approved Plan) and we landed on 632' 10"

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I also said I was hearing it got bumped up to 656. Keep in mind Legacy Union fluctuated between 612 and 656 through at least 10 RTAPs (Revistion to Approved Plan) and we landed on 632' 10"

My prediction was 660’ because I figured they’d want to surpass Hearst to reach third place but I’ll be happy with 656’ because that at least  puts it in the 200 meter club which will give us a boost in the VERY IMPORTANT skyline rankings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Pretty amazing how much is going on development is going on right now in Charlotte that a new 4th tallest is has its first official renderings out this week and 13 other threads have more recent posts. Love it!

Charlotte rising. 

Isn’t Legacy Union our new 4th tallest? Short reign if so