Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

I think it’s been posted somewhere, but how many floors underground will this be?  Looks like they are starting to dig on the Tryon side of the property.  

And, the parking hut seems to still be around. They should move the parking hut  to The Green as a new piece of art.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

I think it’s been posted somewhere, but how many floors underground will this be?  Looks like they are starting to dig on the Tryon side of the property.  

And, the parking hut seems to still be around. They should move the parking hut  to The Green as a new piece of art.

While looking for this answer, I learned that this building will have a 23,600 sq foot green roof. 

I'm pretty sure the parking deck is minimally under ground, with just a loading dock underneath, and all the "BACK OF HOUSE" operations. So just one floor and its pretty much built into the hill, since there's a pretty steep grade change.

1 minute ago, flat4inrc said:

Which is great because Duke Employees aren’t allowed on the DEC1 terrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seriously? that's silly.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

Nice.  I hope stuff like this becomes more commonplace here.  Not enough good observations points from top floors that aren't executive suites/overpriced bars.

the green roof is on the parking deck, the top of the building has a solar array.

50 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

Hut update.....it appears they really want to save the hut.  It has been moved out of the digging area and placed safely on the remaining parking lot closest to the Stonewall/S Tryon corner.  It should be visible from the sidewalk across from the Mint.

That hut is where @KJHburg was born. Three wise men came that day, Charles Elmer Doolin (the man that brought TexMex to America,) Vernon Rudloph (Founder of Krispy Kreme), and George Eastman (the founder of Kodak). They were lead here by a donut shaped constellation shining bright in the sky. They brought offerings of chips & salsa, a bag of donut holes, and frankincense. 

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That hut is where @KJHburg was born. Three wise men came that day, Charles Elmer Doolin (the man that brought TexMex to America,) Vernon Rudloph (Founder of Krispy Kreme), and George Eastman (the founder of Kodak). They were lead here by a donut shaped constellation shining bright in the sky. They brought offerings of chips & salsa, a bag of donut holes, and frankincense. 

Well that makes this site sacred and the hut must stay. I'll take a pilgrimage to the site when I get over that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

Well that makes this site sacred and the hut must stay. I'll take a pilgrimage to the site when I get over that way.

leave an offering of donuts and a roll of 35mm