Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

anyone seen my parking hut lately?  as you know I cancelled the MeWorks IPO the first mobile coworking and now will be using it for a line of Coastal He-Sheds with a special line of She-Sheds inspired by the tragic events of Cheryl's fire documented by State Farm. 

What about Gender Neutral Sheds?  I know it doesnt have the same ring to it...but it is 2019 and evidently everyone needs their own shed/parking hut

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UPEnergy said:

Parking Hut right where it was before.  Look for Tower Crane by mid-January.  Possibly end of year.

thanks for the update.

21 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Everytime I come in here for pics or news about this project y’all are talking about that damn parking hut. I hope it gets demolished. 

Yeah I said it. 

I know how you feel as  I feel the same way  everytime someone says something about how they hate the Legacy BofA Tower design or the mega parking garage LOL.   (My charitable offer stands and this is NO joke) 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

It sounds like from a filing from SC Public Utilities Commission Duke has a buyer for the land they are building the tower on and a partner who will buy the tower and lease it back.  Duke has to get permission from the states to sell the land since they bought it.  

from a subscriber CBJ article

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/12/05/the-latest-in-duke-energys-plans-for-40-story.html

"""Duke tells the PSC it “has recently reached a point where investors have been identified and the parties seek to close the financing upon favorable terms.”   “As part of the authorized sale/leaseback financing arrangement, the property will be sold at cost to a financial counterparty, who has raised funds for the purchase from outside investors,” Duke said. “Such funds will be drawn over time in a sufficient amount to finance the construction of the office building.”  “The company understands this is an expedited timeline, and is filing this request as soon as possible given that necessary investment and development partners have very recently been identified,” Duke said. “It would have been premature for the Company to request Commission approval prior to now because the elements of the transaction, particularly the necessary investment, had not been finalized.”  None of the terms or parties are identified in the filing. Duke spokesman Neil Nissan says the company has nothing to add to what has been in its application to sell the property.  “At this time, we’re not identifying any financial counterparties or potential financial terms,” he says. “We’ll have more information if and when the transaction closes at a future date.”""

we are talking a big money buyer to buy this new tower.   and see I did not even mention that little glassed  in building that one would pay a fee to an attendant for surface auto storage at a daily or hourly rate.  

Does this new big money buyer want a new tallest?! Maybe they want more Charlotte towers? Mr. Tepper has had quite the day. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

It sounds like from a filing from SC Public Utilities Commission Duke has a buyer for the land they are building the tower on and a partner who will buy the tower and lease it back.  Duke has to get permission from the states to sell the land since they bought it.  

from a subscriber CBJ article

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/12/05/the-latest-in-duke-energys-plans-for-40-story.html

"""Duke tells the PSC it “has recently reached a point where investors have been identified and the parties seek to close the financing upon favorable terms.”   “As part of the authorized sale/leaseback financing arrangement, the property will be sold at cost to a financial counterparty, who has raised funds for the purchase from outside investors,” Duke said. “Such funds will be drawn over time in a sufficient amount to finance the construction of the office building.”  “The company understands this is an expedited timeline, and is filing this request as soon as possible given that necessary investment and development partners have very recently been identified,” Duke said. “It would have been premature for the Company to request Commission approval prior to now because the elements of the transaction, particularly the necessary investment, had not been finalized.”  None of the terms or parties are identified in the filing. Duke spokesman Neil Nissan says the company has nothing to add to what has been in its application to sell the property.  “At this time, we’re not identifying any financial counterparties or potential financial terms,” he says. “We’ll have more information if and when the transaction closes at a future date.”""

we are talking a big money buyer to buy this new tower.   and see I did not even mention that little glassed  in building that one would pay a fee to an attendant for surface auto storage at a daily or hourly rate.  

so this will break a new record for sale of a tower in CLT is what im reading...any speculation on the price tag?

Oh, I don't know, I beg to differ. Haven't you ever read"The Little Red Lighthouse" or "The Little Engine That Could"? A little comic relief goes hand in hand with the rotten grammar and syntax all over this blog. Love the pics and the donuts.

Edited by stiluvclt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

walk bys and aerials from afar of this new 40-41-42 story tower I see it mentioned 3 ways.  Not one word from me about IT but I saw IT and CK knows I will donate $$$ for IT.   sorry for bad angle of the contractor.  

Its 43 floors, but the same height...

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

see it changed again LOL 660 feet right????

Yea. So when I said 660, I had heard it got a few floors taller, and made an assumption. It didn't, its 632' 10 from College and 618' 7" from Tryon. So it'll appear shorter than Legacy Union by 14 feet. 

27 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yea. So when I said 660, I had heard it got a few floors taller, and made an assumption. It didn't, its 632' 10 from College and 618' 7" from Tryon. So it'll appear shorter than Legacy Union by 14 feet. 

#MissedOpportunity by Duke. Maybe Ron Rivera should be there spokesperson with some of his newly found free time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

A little disappointing. I thought it was a great opportunity to make a bigger impact with something in that 750 to 800 range. Heck, could have gone to 900 and been the new tallest. Would have made a serious visual impact on that corner of uptown and been a new icon for Charlotte.